1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 9, 2013 2:17 AM by sjpt

ADE won't activate

Laura_012345

The details:

Activation Server Error

code: E_STREAM_ERROR: Winlnet returned 0 (0)

Digital editions encountered an error on the activation server

Other details:

- Have tried "I want to authorize my computer without an ID" out of desperation, thankfully this also did not authorise, same error.

- Unfortunately (for me), running windows 8

- Downloaded the ADE software about 30 mins ago

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

• 1. Re: ADE won't activate
          sjpt Level 4

Have tried "I want to authorize my computer without an ID" out of desperation, thankfully this also did not authorise, same error.

Yes, don't do that.  Any books you buy/borrow will become useless in any other environment.

Unfortunately (for me), running windows 8  It's fairly easy to dress it up to look like Windows 7.  I see the metro screen about twice a month and the lock screen never.

ADE2.0 working for me on Windows 8.  Apart from the huge number of bugs ADE2.0 has on any platform.

Try explicity to deauthorize to remove any confusion ADE may have gathered.  ctrl-shift-D to ADE and respond to prompts.

Then restart ADE.

Then try again to authorize.

Try with firewall temporarily off; maybe even with AV temporarily off.

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0.  Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172