3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2013 8:33 PM by station_two

How do I delete Adobe Photoshop CS6 Trial from my MacMini?

Christyjv

How do I delete Adobe Photoshop CS6 Trial from my Mac Mini? I was upgrading to Adobe Photoshop CS6 not extended. So now I have Adobe Photoshop CS5, CS6, and CS6 extended. My computer is running very slowly. Are all these programs large? Can I delete all but the CS6 and how do I keep the photos I've done in CS5 in CS6 if I want to delete the CS5?

• 1. Re: How do I delete Adobe Photoshop CS6 Trial from my MacMini?
          Level 5

Your photos won't be affected by uninstalling anything.  Neither Photoshop nor Bridge keep, import or store any image files.  They are all wherever you installed them. (Unlike the crappy Apple iPhoto application, which hides your images from you inside the application package .)

Two very important caveats:

1.— Never drag any Adobe applications or their folders into the trash!  Always use the Adobe Uninstaller installed by default with each application.

2.— The time to uninstall an older application is BEFORE installing newer versions of the application.  The reason for that is that the Adobe Uninstaller can and in all likelihood will damage later version installs.

If you want to reclaim HD space, your best bet now is to uninstall all versions, including the most current one, then run the CSCleaner Tool, which you can search from and download for free from the Adobe downloads site, then Repair Permissions with Apple's Disk Utility, then re-install the latest and most current versions.  Finally, Repair Permissions with Apple's Disk Utility once again.

Remember that Photoshop 14.x, which would have been "CS7", but now will be "CC", is scheduled to be released on June 17, less than two weeks from today,

• 2. Re: How do I delete Adobe Photoshop CS6 Trial from my MacMini?
            Christyjv Level 1

Thank you so very much!!! this info is exactly what I needed.