5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2013 4:50 PM by Peter Spier

InDesign CS5.5 Crashing After Opening a File

AWentzell93

Hello,

After working on a file for a good amount of time in InDesign, the program crashed. I tried to reopen the file and after making a change or two it will crash again. It has progressed to do this continously, and at points freezing my whole system. I'm currently working on a file that is around 7MB, and is around 150 pages long. I do use several Master Pages, and have a Table of Contents within this document. The issue developed after I updated my Table of Contents.

I am running a Windows 7 (Home Premium) machine with 64-bit Operating System, on a HP G62.

I also attempted to run the file off of my WD My Passport (1GB) thinking it could have been my hard drive, but it still crashed.

The CS5.5 version I have is the Student and Teacher version, and I have had it since December 2011. I also check all of my other Adobe programs and they seem to be working fine. I attempted to check if InDesign was updated since it is on automatic updating and I had no luck since it crashed again.

I really need to get this issue solved quickly, since I use this program on a daily basis for work and an internship.

Thank You,

Andrea