1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 15, 2007 11:46 AM by Peter Grainge

Show/Hide buttons

maniac9999 Level 1
      Hey everyone,

Is there a way I can create a "Show" button that would be visible to users when they click "Hide" (or X) on the nav bar? The team I'm working with doesn't think that making users click the Contents, Search, or Index button to "Show" the navigation pane would be intuitive enough.

Also, how do I hide the "Show" link in a context-sensitive help window? Some people are thinking that we need to hide this, thereby "forcing" them to click the "main" help button in the Help menu, but I disagree.

Thanks,
      Jim
        • 1. Re: Show/Hide buttons
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
          I understand the concern but most folks seem to work it out. If you cick X, you know you have done it and will look for ways back. That usually involves clicking anything in site! I don't know of a solution.

How does hiding Show, forcing the user to close that, open the main help and start over, help them? Yes you are forcing them but you are not helping them and I agree with you. You can hide Show by deselecting the show navigation in the wizard but it's a bad move. With show enabled, they can see the topic they first went to, its place in the structure and they can navigate from their. Much more intuitive.