8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2013 2:50 PM by andrew-dd_1937

How to export a P.E. 11 video to an SD card

andrew-dd_1937

Is it possible to export a P.E. 11 video to an SD card?  If so how do I do this?

Thank you.

• 1. Re: How to export a P.E. 11 video to an SD card
          A.T. Romano Level 7

andrew-dd_1937

I have Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 8 64 bit. This laptop has a SD slot.

a. Opened Premiere Elements 11 new project.

b. Under Pulbish+Share/Computer/AVI, I selected Presets: DV NTSC Standard. In Save In:, I set for the H: drive which represented the SD card (for which I created a new folder to receive the export from Premiere Elements 11). It worked.

I can also do the same type of thing with my Windows 7 64 bit, using a USB Flash Drive.

Another variation on the theme with my Windows 7 64 bit, using a USB Card Reader into which the SD card is inserted. In that case, I set Save In: in the export area to L: drive which represented the USB Card Reader with the SD card.

What is the capacity of your SD card?

Please let us know if that worked for you.

Thanks

ATR

• 2. Re: How to export a P.E. 11 video to an SD card
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Of course what format you output the file as is very important -- and that depends on what you are going to do with the video on this card and what device or software you're going to play it with.

• 3. Re: How to export a P.E. 11 video to an SD card
              A.T. Romano Level 7

SG

From a player point of view, isn't that true for all video on media? The player either support the file on the media or it does not.

I just would not want to see the export on the SD card going back into the camera unless appropriate.

ATR

• 4. Re: How to export a P.E. 11 video to an SD card
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Are you saying he's planning to load the SD card back into a camcorder? If so, DV-AVI would be a pretty unlikely camcorder format for an SD card.

That's why I say we need to find out what andrew plans to do with the file before we can tell him which format he should output, IMHO.

• 5. Re: How to export a P.E. 11 video to an SD card
                  andrew-dd_1937 Level 1

Thank you, I’ll give that a try.  Incidentally I’m running Win 7 Pro and using a USB card reader with an 8GB SD card for experimental purposes rather than burning to a conventional DVD.

• 6. Re: How to export a P.E. 11 video to an SD card
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

andrew

As per SG's concerns, be advised that my suggested approach was a generalized one. My choice of a DV AVI export to your SD card was not necessary meant as an endorsement of that format for your purposes. If the focus step Save In: directed to your SD card works, then it is your decision what will work for you. All was not an exhaustive study that I made on the subject.

But, I think you are on the right track when you write "...for experimental purposes...".

But, I am not sure how advisable it is to be using a SD card as a substitute for a DVD-RW disc. I would feel more comfortable using the DVD-RW disc which can be erased by the program and reused.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...With your recently fine tuned description of how you want to use this SD card as a substitute for a DVD disc to save DVD disc in the burn to DVD, I do not find that works either in burn to DVD, disc or folder.

• 7. Re: How to export a P.E. 11 video to an SD card
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

SG

Please refer to my latest reply to Andrew.

Not pushing DV AVI or any other format. I just picked that export as a quick demo spot for the Save In: focus.

I think that Andrew got the message, especially when he writes "for experimental purposes".

But I do not know that I would use the SD card as a substitute for a DVD-RW since the DVD-VIDEO format needs to go on the DVD disc in a specific file system.  I need to think about that some more. Did some double checking just to be sure...first hand, the use of a SD card as a substitute  does not work for burn to DVD, disc or folder.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: How to export a P.E. 11 video to an SD card
                        andrew-dd_1937 Level 1

Your suggestions worked perfectly.  Thanks very much.