Use Mocha for stabilising the gift. There is a bunch of tutorials on the Imagineer Systems website.
Here is the stabilised MVI-0410.MOV file.
The tracking range in Mocha was limited by 235 frames, then in After Effects the parent Null called MASTER CONTROL was shifted 4 pixels up and scaled to 101%:
I haven't tried anything yet but at first look the little glitch in the first shot only lasts a frame or two. Have you tried time remapping to remove the offending frames? This is the wrong kind of motiion for Warp Stabilizer to help with. AE's point tracker or Mocha is far better suited to the job.
Second, I noticed the shots have not been trimmed. It's usually a good standard practice to trim your shots before stabilizing. I always leave a few frames at each end to facilitate editing but it's usually a waste of production time to stabilize an entire take.
OK, I took about 2 minutes to use the point tracker on about 10 frames where the camera jumps around a bit. Worked perfectly by simply selecting the top right corner of the card and using stabilize motion.
Here's an AEP with the fixed shot. You can adjust the in and out points as needed and scale the shot up if you need to fix the edges of the frame. You'll have to replace the footage with your first shot.
As I was cleaning up my desktop I took a last look and noticed that the jitter is not uniform. If you stabilize the corner of the card then the package stills moves a bit. I had the best luck tracking the intersection of the package and the card. and the corner of the card by stabilizing scale and rotation. This tells me that it is more likely that the table rocked changing perspective than the camera was bumped. Either way, there is no way to make the shot absolutely perfect without warping the image. I'm not sure it would be worth it.
The hardest part about video production is deciding when you're done.
Fuzzy, it looks like the version you've been able to provide still has some jitter at around 10 seconds but I'm far from ungrateful.
Rick, thanks too to you for your advice. I did mention the first seconds either side could be lost but you're right that it wasn't trimmed. I didn't want to edit it in any way and instead provide the raw (as it were) footage so as give you all as much as possible to work with. What I've ended up doing is splitting the image into three or so main sections - before, during and after the card is picked up - then stabilising the before and after. The rest of it, I had to correct around five frames by hand.
It was painstaking - but I'm fairly sure it's as near perfect now as it can be. It's my first film, so my first baby as it were, so you're also right in that deciding when you're done can be the toughest part
I couldn't, as before, have got as far as I have without these forums. A good evening to you all.