5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2013 5:07 AM by Steve Grisetti

Facebook posts

cihm@cox.net

I use elements 11 on my wife's laptop and can't load pictures to Facebook a message comes that says to check my Internet connection or check the fire wall my connection is good so how do I check my fire wall

• 1. Re: Facebook posts
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

We don't know what software or hardware you're using for you firewall -- or even what operating system you're using -- so we can't offer any specific advice.

But, meantime, have you tried outputting your video using Publish & Share/Computer/AVCHD with preset for YouTube HD? That should produce a video that you can manually load to Facebook with excellent results!

• 2. Re: Facebook posts
            cihm@cox.net Level 1

Sorry about the repost the laptop is an old apple I've kept it updated I was able to up load pics when I first loaded the program but not now not sure why

• 3. Re: Facebook posts
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You say Elements, but then you say pictures... so, are you trying to upload single pictures, or video?

If video... this Premiere Elements forum is the right place

If a single picture... are you using Photoshop Elements? (which has a different forum)

• 4. Re: Facebook posts
                A.T. Romano Level 7

cihm

I am strictly an Elements Windows person, so please take that into account.

In my Premiere Elements 11 Windows 7 or 8 64 bit, I have Publish+Share/Online/with Facebook, YouTube, and Vimeo choices. Do you have those choices listed and does each choice have presets?

If you use the upload to YouTube or Vimeo from within Premiere Elements 11 Publish+Share/Online, do you also have problems with those uploads giving this same message about your Internet connection and/or firewalls?

All of the above information would be helpful in developing a troubleshooting strategy.

Have you had any success exporting your Premiere Elements Timeline content to a file saved to the computer hard drive and then uploading that file from there to Facebook, YouTube, or Vimeo at the web site of each?

We will be watching for your progress.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Facebook posts
                  Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Per my last post, output using Publish & Share/Computer/AVCHD using the YouTube HD preset and upload manually to Facebook, then report on your results.