9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2013 11:58 AM by nealeh

Audio and video offset in imported media

pdemeure

When I import a media from the camera who took the film, there is an offset of 2 seconds between audio and video track.

I have to dissociate the two tracks and create manually an offset in order that the sound match the images.

How to prevent that and get the 2 tracks audio and video in correct synchro, just like when viewing the film directly from the camera ?

Thanks,

Pierre

• 1. Re: Audio and video offset in imported media
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Which version of the program are you using?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it?

When you started your Premiere Elements project, which project settings did you select? If you look at the Project Settings, under the Edit menu, which settings are listed?

• 2. Re: Audio and video offset in imported media
            pdemeure Level 1

Hi,

I use Premiere Elements 11 on Mac OSX 10.8

The video is done with a Samsung Galaxy Camera.

The format is MP4 1920x1080 30frames    H.264, AAC

The settings of the project are in accordance with the file : image 1920x1080, 29,97 frames

Acquisition mode : DV

Pierre

• 3. Re: Audio and video offset in imported media

In Expert view, do you see a yellow line above the video clips on your timeline? You should not if your Premiere Elements project is properly set up.

If you don't see a yellow line above your video clips and your still getting playback problems it could be a hardware issue. How fast is your processor, is it multiple core and how much RAM do you have?

• 4. Re: Audio and video offset in imported media

Also, can you confirm that this is the camera you're shooting your video with?

http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxycamera/specifications.html

Samsung has a number of devices that it calls Galaxy, including its smartphones and tablets.

• 5. Re: Audio and video offset in imported media
                  pdemeure Level 1

Steve,

Yes, it is this camera. number of Samsung devices have camera features, but this one is the sole model which is named Galaxy Camera. It works really fine, with a photo lens of much more quality than the small lens of a smartphone.

I've found the reason of the offset : I had created the project using a PAL setting at 25 frames. I've now created a new project using  the NTSC HD Full HD 1080i 30 and that works fine.

At first loading of the media I see the yellow line, but after rendering the line changes and becomes green.

Thanks for your help,

Pierre

• 6. Re: Audio and video offset in imported media

It is great to hear of your success, Pierre! Enjoy your moviemaking!

• 7. Re: Audio and video offset in imported media
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

pdemeure

We are very glad that you have found the answer to your Premiere Elements question which appears to relate your Samsung Galazy camera/Premiere Elements 11 Mac/"out of sync" audio/.

But, if you have the time, could you explain why you "...created the project using a PAL setting at 25 frames...." (you did not say what PAL setting beyond the frame rate)> I ask you this question since you stated earlier in this thread that your source media and project setting were:

I use Premiere Elements 11 on Mac OSX 10.8

The video is done with a Samsung Galaxy Camera.

The format is MP4 1920x1080 30frames    H.264, AAC

The settings of the project are in accordance with the file : image 1920x1080, 29,97 frames

The answer to the above would help to explain how you came to your success when you wrote

I've found the reason of the offset : I had created the project using a PAL setting at 25 frames. I've now created a new project using  the NTSC HD Full HD 1080i 30 and that works fine.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: Audio and video offset in imported media
                        pdemeure Level 1

I used the PAL settings because we're accustomed in France (Europe) to work with PAL system and not NTSC. That is our traditional mind for TV formats.

And in PE11, for PAL formats there is no 30 frames option. Then I used the 25 frames one.

I don't remember all the adjustments I made later, except that I has to unlik video and audio tracks and create a manual offset.

Now, after investigations in formats, I create the format like explained here above, which matches the video issued from the camera.

• 9. Re: Audio and video offset in imported media
                          nealeh Level 5

Several of the video cameras I've seen in the UK are delivered with their default video formats set to NTSC. If you look through your camera Settings Menu you should be able to change it to shoot in PAL format.

Cheers,
                          --
                          Neale
                          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children.