2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2013 9:05 AM by the_wine_snob

Opening a Premiere Elements 11 film in Premiere Pro CS6

PRJL

I have edited a film using Premiere Elements 11 and I need to open it using Premiere Pro CS6.  When attempting to open the file in Premiere pro a message that says Video filter missing AE.ADBE checkout appears. Does this message mean that there is no way that I can open the file?

Thanks,

Jonathan Leach

• 1. Re: Opening a Premiere Elements 11 film in Premiere Pro CS6
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The programs are actually pretty diffrerent. You most likely won't be able to open your Elements project in Pro. At least not without some buggy behavior.

• 2. Re: Opening a Premiere Elements 11 film in Premiere Pro CS6
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

I agree with Steve, that issues can arise when trying to either Open, or Import a PREL (the PrE Project file) in PrPro.

If the PrE Project is very simple (no Instant Movie/Themes, no 3rd party Effects or Transitions, etc.), it should either Open, or Import into a PrPro Project in a somewhat contemporary version of PrPro, but the more complex the Project, the less likely that it WILL Open, or Import.

The error message that you are receiving seems to indicate that some After Effects (AE) Effect is missing from PrPro, but is used in your PrE Project.

It might be simply a matter of removing the Effect, if you can track that down, then doing a Save_As, or Save_As_a_Copy, and Open, or Import that into PrPro. Then, you can use whatever version of that Effect exists in PrPro CS 6. However, you might get a similar error message for another Effect.

Good luck,

Hunt