19 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2013 9:10 PM by A.T. Romano

how do i save an album in jpeg to my computer

kejo039696

It seems I can not burn a DVD of my photos with music with Premiere Elements 9...or so I've been told....Is that true?

Also need to know how to save an album to my hard drive in jpeg format...doesnt seem to give me that option...

Thank you for anyones guidance..

Jo

• 1. Re: how do i save an album in jpeg to my computer
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Certainly you can create a slideshow with music in any version of Premiere Elements and burn it as a DVD.

But I'm not sure what you mean by saving an album as a JPEG. An album is several photos. You can't save it as a single JPEG. But with Photoshop Elements, you can  convert any photos to JPEGs, if that's what you're asking.

• 2. Re: how do i save an album in jpeg to my computer
            kejo039696 Level 1

Thanks for the quick repsonse....mmmmmm wonder why I was told no...well this is good news...now how do I find out HOW to do this process?

In my program of Premiere Elements 9, it says there is an error in the program and can't show me any tutorials...

Thanks Jo

• 3. Re: how do i save an album in jpeg to my computer

"HOW to do this process?"

I'm still not quite sure what process you're trying to do, kejo. What is is that you want to do to what?

• 4. Re: how do i save an album in jpeg to my computer
                kejo039696 Level 1

Oh...sorry...looking for the process on how to add music, to my album and then burn to a DVD...does it also tell me somewhere what size and type of DVD I need for 280 pictures and music that are in my album?  Sorry quite the newbie I'm afraid 

• 5. Re: how do i save an album in jpeg to my computer
                  kejo039696 Level 1

I would really like to know also how to save each photo in my albun (280 photos) to a jpeg in case I use another option. Can't seem to find out how to do that either....

Thanks

Jo

• 6. Re: how do i save an album in jpeg to my computer

You can fit about 70 minutes of video on a standard DVD. If the photos in your slideshow are each 5 seconds long, that's over 800 photos -- so you can easy fit 280 pictures on a DVD.

If you've got my book you know that you'll first want to resize your photos to 1000x750 pixels in size using a program like Photoshop Elements before you add them to a Premiere Elements DVD project.

There are actually several ways to create a slideshow in Premiere Elements. The easiest is to just drag drag your photos from the Project panel (under the Organize tab in version 9) to your timeline, then add your music (which should ideally be a WAV file) to an audio track below the photos.

Then you just add your DVD menu and use Share/To Disc to burn your disc!

• 7. Re: how do i save an album in jpeg to my computer
                      kejo039696 Level 1

Hi Steve,

I can not seem to find anywhere the tutorial or information on how to create a picture and music DVD, everything I've tried has turned out badly....no success....my tutorials on my Premiere Elements 9 is corrupt so can not look at anything there. Also would like to know how to take the photos in my album and save them to the hard drive, in jpeg format in case I do something different...

Thanks for your help

I'm a newbie....

Jo

• 8. Re: how do i save an album in jpeg to my computer

Well, you can always order a copy of my book.

http://muvipix.com/pe9.php

• 9. Re: how do i save an album in jpeg to my computer
                          kejo039696 Level 1

Thanks for the info....crap I really am so new that this is confusing...is there a tutorial on video somewhere I can watch it being done? So sorry...

J

• 10. Re: how do i save an album in jpeg to my computer
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

kejo039696

I am thinking that you used an Album created in Elements Organizer 9 and brought it and its selections into Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 to use as source media for burn to disc DVD.

My take on this is that the Album is a feature and creation of the Elements Organizer, a selection/grouping of photos that have their origins in a hard drive save location.

You can take anyone of those photos in a given Album, bring them into Photoshop Elements Full Editor and File Menu/Save As in a variety of formats including jpeg. But you are not going to be able to do that in Premiere Elements a video editor. You need a photo editor, such as Photoshop Elements Full Editor. And you are not going to be able to Save As JPEG in the Elements Organizer.

As for your question

It seems I can not burn a DVD of my photos with music with Premiere Elements 9...or so I've been told....Is that true?

That is not true. What is preventing you from doing so

a. photos will not import

b. program crashes while editing

c. burn to DVD failures with error messages, such as, device error, transcoding error, no burner detected, or other?

If you are having difficulty getting your photos grouped together in a collection (aka album) into Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1, how are you attempting to do that.

a. In Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1....Filter By. Select Album

or

b. from Elements Organizer,,,select Album contents, followed by command Edit with Premiere Elements

or

c. other

We will be watching for your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...I suspect that you are trying to get into the Inspirational Browser for tutorials. I would head for Adobe TV or ask you specific questions with lots of details here in the Adobe Forum.

Add On...In your search for learning tools, I would focus on those tools related to your specific version. Principles remain the same from version to version, but features do not. Prime example, Photoshop Elements 11 and Premiere Elements 11. It is very frustrating to be armed with principles when you cannot find a feature.

• 11. Re: how do i save an album in jpeg to my computer
                              kejo039696 Level 1

Hello,

So there's the thing...I took the photos from my camera and downloaded them directly into Premiere Elements 9, I then took the photos I wanted and created a separate album for the ones we want on the DVD....

That's all I've done....I've tried to bumble my way through doing it myself but can not seem to figure out the step by step process on how to take this album, put music to it and burn a DVD....I know what I need must be simple....but...without tutorials I struggle...I need to see the process I guess...

Is there an step by step easy explanation on how to do this?  Somewhere?

Thanks

J

• 12. Re: how do i save an album in jpeg to my computer

Have you tried the steps I recommended in my post above?

• 13. Re: how do i save an album in jpeg to my computer
                                  kejo039696 Level 1

Hi,

Sadly I had to go to work so I will try later tonight...see how it goes...I'll update when I have either issues or success!

Thanks again

• 14. Re: how do i save an album in jpeg to my computer
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

kejo039696

How many photos are going into this Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 slideshow? And what is the size of each in terms of pixel dimensions which is the width and height in pixels.

How about for starters we target your slideshow in DVD-VIDEO standard format on DVD? Are you set up for NTSC or PAL location. I will write you up a basic step by step, if you want, to get your through getting started.

Right now I see you in the Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 Elements Organizer with a collection of your photos in an album destined for the Premiere Elements workspace for edit and burn to (Share/Disc/DV with the preset for DVD-VIDEO Standard on a DVD disc.

I have several approaches for you to use to get started.

Coming within a few hours or sooner.

ATR

• 15. Re: how do i save an album in jpeg to my computer
                                      kejo039696 Level 1

That would be amazing!!

Thank you very much!

I have no idea if I am NTSC or PAL...not even sure what that means...

I have 280 pictures in the album...

They are 2560 x 1920 and not sure how to change that....

Hope that help...

Thank you so much 

J

• 16. Re: how do i save an album in jpeg to my computer
                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

kejo039696

Based on the NTSC and PAL descriptions in the following link, would be be in the NTSC or PAL listing (you do not need to say which specific country).

http://ihffilm.com/videostandard.html

Thanks.

ATR

• 17. Re: how do i save an album in jpeg to my computer
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

kejo039696

I am going to take you on a path through the Elements Organizer to get your end product DVD-VIDEO on DVD in Premiere Elements. You may want to do this as a mini test run with less than your 280 photos but I will describe the following for 280 photos and then let you be the judge of how many photos.

INTRODUCTION

• Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 being used here will be a 32 bit application whether it is running in a 32 bit or 64 bit system. So, maximum supported installed RAM = 4.0 GB with 3.0 GB or less are available. Assumed is an optimized computer and Premiere Elements 9.0.1 Update.installed. See Help Menu/Updates.
                                          • Open the program and set the project preset for NTSC-DV-Standard 48 kHz
                                          • When the program opens, go to and click on the “Organizer” at the tab right of the Premiere Elements workspace.
                                          • On the top right of the Elements Organizer look for and click on your Album with your 280 photos each with pixel dimensions of 2580 x 1920 (4:3). You will know that you have the correct viewing if you see the thumbnails numbered consecutively. At this stage you can change the order of the photos by clicking and dragging them around in the group.
                                          • Next we want to batch resize all 280 photos from 2580 x 1920 4:3 to 1000 x 750 4:3.

BATCH PHOTO RESIZING

• Highlight all 280 numbered and sorted thumbnails in the Album.
                                          • Go to Elements Organizer File Menu/Export As A New File(s). Use the Export dialog to export the resized 1000 x 750 photos to a folder that you create on the computer desktop to receive them. Have the Export New Files dialog set as follow for this export to the desktop folder which we will name "Resize Slideshow Photos".
                                          • Click this image for larger view.

ResizingFromAlbum.JPG

• Go to the Elements Organizer and create a new Album which we will call "Resized Photos" Album. Then import your photos from the "Resized Slideshow Photos" Folder into the Elements Organizer via its File Menu/Get Photos and Video/From Files and Folders. Put these resized photos in your new "Resized Photos" Album. These resized photos will be the source media for the slideshow.

BUILDING THE SLIDESHOW IN THE ELEMENTS ORGANIZER AND VIDEO EDITING/EXPORTING IN PREMIERE ELEMENTS

• Open the "Resized Photos" Album, highlight all 280 of the now 1000 x 750 pixels photos, click on Create header to the right of

of the Elements Organizer interface, and then click on Slideshow to bringup the Slide Show Preferences dialog.

Stay with the default options for now in the Slide Show Preferences dialog. Click OK to move forward into the Slideshow Editor.

Create your slideshow with photos, videos, music, and embellishments. Remember, videos cannot be edited in Photoshop

Elements Slideshow Editor.

• When you are finished with the Slideshow Editor, save a copy of the Slide Show Project (called .psess file) to the Elements   Organizer and then go to Output and select the option “Edit with Premiere Elements”.
                                          • When the Elements Organizer slideshow is on the Premiere Elements Timeline, it is in a video format. If you need to do further edits, you can break apart this slideshow by right clicking the slideshow on the Timeline and selecting Break Apart Elements Organizer Slideshow.
                                          • If you want a disc menu, you place menu markers on the Timeline before moving on to Disc Menu for the creation of the menus. (There are three types of markers: main menu marker, scene marker, and stop marker. We can go into that later. For now…remember never to put a stop marker at the end of the last item on the Timeline and let us go with AutoPlay which means no menus for this first try.
                                          • Then Share/Disc/DVD disc, selecting the Presets = NTSC_Dolby DVD. In the burn dialog, make sure it says Ready and you are seeing that the program recognizes your burner and DVD disc. Hit burn. Classical comments include: for best results, keep to 90 minutes or less on a DVD disc and put a check mark next to “Fit Contents to Available Space”. Gauge your burn situation by the burn dialog quality area Space Required (less than 4.38 GB) and Bitrate = how much less than 8.00 Mbps.

Do you have Photoshop Elements 9.0 as well as Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1? Lots more scenarios for this put I thought that the above might be the easiest way to go as the Getting Started.

Please review one step at a time. If you need clarification on anything that I have written, please do not hestitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...I have proof read the above several times. If you see any typos, please let me know.

• 18. Re: how do i save an album in jpeg to my computer
                                            kejo039696 Level 1

Hello A.T.

I know its been a while since you sent this and I apologize for the delay...a day after you sent this I was called out of town for work...just got back yesterday and want to get this done....

Reading through your info....I just wanted to let you know I am actually on 9.0.3...does this matter?

Also when I open the program I do not see where I set the Project preset for NTSC-DV-Standard 48khz   can you tell me how to do this....

Sorry but want to make sure i do this right...from the beginning...

Thanks

Joellen

• 19. Re: how do i save an album in jpeg to my computer
                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

kejo039696

There is a 9.0.3 Update for Photoshop Elements, but not Premiere Elements 9. Premiere Elements 9 should be run as the 9.0.1 Update. There is no 9.0.3 Update for Premiere Elements. Once you get into Premiere Elements 9 project, then go to Help Menu/Update to see if there are any Updates that you have not installed.

As for the Project Preset....you can open Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 from the Welcome Screen or bypassing it. I suspect you are using the Welcome Screen route. All paths lead to the New Project dialog. Assuming you are opening the program from the Welcome Screen, click on New Project.

Welcome Screen.JPG

The first screenshot shows you the new project dialog that you will see after you hit New Project. The default is NTSC DV Standard. You will see that shown above the words Change Settings.

NewProjectDialog.JPG

If you did not see NTSC DV Standard, then you would click on Change Settings and do just that.

ChangeSettings.JPG

Once you have your project preset set and you are in the Premiere Elements workspace, look to the top right of the interface and click on Organizer Tab.(between Redo and Full Screen). That will get you into the Elements Organizer.

OrganizerTab.JPG

Start out on a mini test run.

We will be watching for your progress.

Thanks.

ATR