Exit

Game runs very slow in Mac Compiler

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2013 Jun 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have an issue with the compiler.

When I run in debug or play mode the game is incredibly slow and choppy.

However if I compile the game and run it in a browser it works just fine. It also works just fine if I use a windows machine in debug or play mode.

Do you have any idea why its slow in the Mac flash builder compiler but no where else (and of course how I can speed it up on my Mac)?

Im using 4.7 and starling.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same issue with my Mac, it's a brand new Mac Book Pro with Retina (early 2015), and I'm running on the default resolution (twice the DPI due to the retina display). On Windows the game on debug / play mode performs fine, on Mac it's completely unplayable.

I've already doubled the Java VM opts described at this error page: Sluggish performance, out-of-memory errors | Flash Builder but it didn't do much, at least if there were any changes it wasn't noticeable.

Did you managed to fixed this issue from 2013 to this date?

I don't see anyone at Adobe replying to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a well-known issue with Starling and Stage3D content that debug performance lags tremendously behind release performance. The solution is to always make a release build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines