0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2013 2:58 PM by Balance

Parsing links

Balance Level 1

I have a utility that lets users store custom fields (first name, favorite color, address, URL, etc).

One of those fields is used to store the contact's work/personal URL.

In addition, users can send their contacts an email including these fields. So an email might say: "Dear *fname*, Your *URL* is pretty cool!"

Now my client wants to re-write the URL so they can track it using Google Analytics, and that's where I'm stuck.

Basically, I'm struggling with how to re-write the URLs since there can be other fields for one contact that may need to be re-written.

In other words, I need to check every field to see if there's an href, and if there is, replace it with another href, for *every contact*.

The code below re-writes the URL only for one field and for one contact, but not if there's more than one field with an href and/or more than one contact being returned.

Here is the code I'm using:

<!---get user defined field info--->

<cfquery name="getUDFields" datasource="#attributes.dsn#">

SELECT field_id, field_name, column_name

FROM contacts_fields

ORDER BY field_order

</cfquery>

<!--- grab the user-defined fields --->

<cfloop query="getUDFields">

<cfscript>

tmpHTMLcontent = attributes.content;

tmpHTMLcontent = ReplaceNoCase(tmpHTMLcontent,"*"&getUDFields.column_name&"*", "##getRecpsGroupHTML['"&getUDFields.column_name&"'][currentRow]##","ALL");

HTMLcontent = attributes.content;

</cfscript>

<cfoutput query="getRecpsGroupHTML"> <!--- query object returning contacts that will receive the email --->

<cfset arrHTMLcontentLinks = getLinks(evaluate(de(tmpHTMLcontent)))><!--- returns an associative array with hrefs stripped out --->

<cfloop from="1" to="#arrayLen(arrHTMLcontentLinks)#" index="i">

<cfloop collection="#arrHTMLcontentLinks[i]#" item="j">

<cfif j is "href">

<cfset URLtoInsert = arrHTMLcontentLinks[i][j]>

<cfquery name="insertlinks" datasource="#attributes.dsn#">

INSERT INTO links (url, email_id)

VALUES ('#trim(urltoinsert)#', #last_email_ID#)

</cfquery>

<cfquery name="getMax" datasource="#attributes.dsn#">

SELECT IDENT_CURRENT('links') AS MaxID

</cfquery>

<cfset last_link_ID = getMax.MaxID>

<cfset newlink = "http://"&clientDomain&"/test.cfm?"&last_link_ID>

<cfset HTMLcontent = ReplaceNoCase(evaluate(de(tmpHTMLcontent)),URLtoInsert,newlink)>

<cfscript>

//added so the de() doesn't choke in cfmail

variables.HTMLcontent = replace(variables.HTMLcontent,"##","####","ALL");

</cfscript>

<!--- replace user-defined fields in the HTML with their literal values --->

<cfloop query="getUDFields">

<cfscript>

variables.HTMLcontent = ReplaceNoCase(variables.HTMLcontent,"*"&getUDFields.column_name&"*", "##getRecpsGroupHTML['"&getUDFields.column_name&"'][currentRow]##","ALL");

</cfscript>

</cfloop>

<!--- CFMAIL CODE WOULD GO HERE, ONCE THE DATA IS PARSED PROPERLY --->

</cfif>

</cfif>

</cfloop>

</cfloop>

</cfoutput>

</cfloop>