8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2013 10:50 AM by BigJohnD

Re-register Pagemaker to new machine

PKHServices

I have Adobe PageMaker 7.0 and it is registered in My Adobe. How do I re-register on a new machine?

• 1. Re: Re-register Pagemaker to new machine
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

I don't follow. If it is already registered, then there is no need to do so again. If you are having otehr problems, you need to explain them properly and provide the necessary technical info...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Re-register Pagemaker to new machine
            Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Pagemaker forum.

PKHServices Mylenium's advice is valid.  Your software is likely already registered.

• 3. Re: Re-register Pagemaker to new machine
              PKHServices Level 1

My bad. I didn't explain very well. The machine containing Pagemaker has experienced a catastrophic failure and is not recoverable. I want to reinstall the program on a new machine but can't find the download on the Adobe site. I tried downloading the trial version thinking I could just use my existing serial number but it won't let me. I do not have the media. The original install was just the download.

• 4. Re: Re-register Pagemaker to new machine
                Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

PKHServices I am not aware of any downloads being available for Pagemaker.  You can check under your account though if the software is available.  Please see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1006208?tstart=0&promoid=KBHJQ for information on how to download purchased Adobe software.

• 5. Re: Re-register Pagemaker to new machine
                  PKHServices Level 1

Thank you, Jeff. That is what I couldn't find (order history).

• 6. Re: Re-register Pagemaker to new machine
                    bmw1936

I have recently reimaged my PC hard drive, and susequently lost all my instalations. I want to reinstall my PageMaker 7.0 using the serial number that came with the software package. The installer will not recognize my serial number.

• 7. Re: Re-register Pagemaker to new machine
                      kokosouth

I am chiming in with bmw1936. I am attempting to re-install PM 7.0.2, the installer will not recognize the current serial # and wants the previous version's #.  I do not have that number. 

Adobe does not have my original ID registration info (from 1988) when I purchased (and registered) both Illustrator and PageMaker.  I have the disks.  Customer support links take me to the main page where I am re-directed to community forums or Adobe Support (which supports products for a limited amount of time - 25 years is apparently too long) the circle begins again!  Has anyone had any luck with the 800 number?  At this point, I am not willing to pay $39 for a personal support call.

• 8. Re: Re-register Pagemaker to new machine
                        BigJohnD Level 3

kokosouth wrote:

I am chiming in with bmw1936. I am attempting to re-install PM 7.0.2, the installer will not recognize the current serial # and wants the previous version's #.  I do not have that number. 

Adobe does not have my original ID registration info (from 1988) when I purchased (and registered) both Illustrator and PageMaker.  I have the disks.  Customer support links take me to the main page where I am re-directed to community forums or Adobe Support (which supports products for a limited amount of time - 25 years is apparently too long) the circle begins again!  Has anyone had any luck with the 800 number?  At this point, I am not willing to pay $39 for a personal support call.

I can't figure this out. 

PM7 wasn't around in 1988, so you can't have registered it then. 

If you have a 1988 version of PM, then you really need a 1988 PC/Mac on which to install it.  There's no chance on a modern 64 bit machine.