2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2013 4:09 PM by JannyS

Photoshop CS6 keeps freezing when I work with large files

JannyS

I've had problems with Photoshop CS6 freezing on me and giving me RAM and Scratch Disk alerts/warnings ever since I upgraded to Windows 8.  This usually only happens when I work with large files, however once I work with a large file, I can't seem to work with any file at all that day.  Today however I have received my first error in which Photoshop says that it has stopped working.  I thought that if I post this event info about the error, it might be of some help to someone to try to help me.  The log info is as follows:

General info

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 13.1.2.0, time stamp: 0x50e86403

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16451, time stamp: 0x50988950

Exception code: 0xe06d7363

Fault offset: 0x00014b32

Faulting process id: 0x1834

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce6664ee6acc59

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 2e5de768-d259-11e2-be86-742f68828cd0

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I really hope to hear from someone soon, my job requires me to work with Photoshop every day and I run into errors and bugs almost constantly and all of the help I've received so far from people in my office doesn't seem to make much difference at all.  I'll be checking in regularly, so if you need any further details or need me to elaborate on anything, I should be able to get back to you fairly quickly.

Thank you.