27 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2008 2:19 PM by splitzer

Exchange 2007 Bug?

PhilipCav
      Is there an issue with the new cfexchange tags working with exchange 2007? I attempted to run the following code on exchange 2005 and it ran as expected.

Code:<cfexchangemail action="set" uid="#getMail.uid#" connection="exchconn" message="#newsettings#"></cfexchangemail>
      Error: Invalid uri ' http://mail/exchange/repairs/Inbox/FW:%20Note%20[Mega%20Play escaped absolute path not valid

Code:<cfexchangemail action="delete" connection="exchconn" uid="#getMail.uid#"></cfexchangemail>
      Error: Requested Exchange resource was not found on the server.
        • 1. Re: Exchange 2007 Bug?
          PhilipCav Level 1
          Web Outlook is enabled for all users, the mail server is inside the firewall, WebDav is enabled, and HTTPS is not required on the mail server.
          • 2. Re: Exchange 2007 Bug?
            tomj Adobe Employee
            Yes, there are issues with the Exchange 2007 WebDav support and the new cfexchange tags. Basically Exchange 2007 doesn't work as well as earlier versions. :-(

We are actively trying to resolve these issues, but we don't have any workarounds in the short term. Not a great answer I know. You could try to call MS about it and report it as a compatibility problem with Exchange 2007...
            • 3. Exchange 2007 Bug?
              PhilipCav Level 1
              According to the Microsoft MSDN it looks like they are planning on discontinuing the WebDav support in favor of Exchange Web Services. Microsoft referred to WebDav as a LEGACY component. Will Adobe modify the code to use Exchange Web Services in the future instead of WebDav?

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb408417.aspx
              http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124516.aspx
              • 4. Re: Exchange 2007 Bug?
                tomj Adobe Employee
                Changing this will be a whole 'nother feature. We are trying to repro the problem you described. In our testing we have not seen this type of problem with Exchange 2007. The only areas we have seen problems with are downloading attachments and with inviting resources in the calendar event.
                • 5. Re: Exchange 2007 Bug?
                  Dipanwita S
                  Hi,

The functionality you mentioned works fine on Exchange 2007. Except getAttachments all actions for <cfexchangeMail> work fine. Could you please post your sample code including the connection part so that we can try the same here?

Thanks & Regards,
                  Dipanwita
                  • 6. Re: Exchange 2007 Bug?
                    PhilipCav Level 1
                    Sample code for changing mail settings:

<cfexchangeconnection action="open" connection="exchconn" server="mail" username="user" password="pass">
                    <cfexchangemail connection="exchconn" action="get" name="getMail"></cfexchangemail>

<cfoutput query="getMail">
                    <cfset newsettings = structnew()>
                    <cfset newsettings.IsRead = true>
                    <cfexchangemail action="set" uid="#uid#" connection="exchconn" message="#newsettings#"></cfexchangemail>
                    </cfoutput>
                    <cfexchangeconnection action="close" connection="exchconn">

Error:
                    Invalid uri ' http://mail/exchange/repairs/Inbox/FW:%20Note%20[Mega%20Play escaped absolute path not valid
                    The error occurred in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot2\dev\sandbox\email.cfm: line 17
                    15 : <cfset newsettings = structnew()>
                    16 : <cfset newsettings.IsRead = true>
                    17 : <cfexchangemail action="set" uid="#uid#" connection="exchconn" message="#newsettings#"></cfexchangemail>
                    18 :

Sampe code for deleting email:
                    <cfexchangeconnection action="open" connection="exchconn" server="mail" username="user" password="pass">
                    <cfexchangemail connection="exchconn" action="get" name="getMail"></cfexchangemail>

<cfoutput query="getMail">
                    <cfexchangemail action="delete" uid="#getMail.uid#" connection="exchconn"></cfexchangemail>
                    </cfoutput>
                    <cfexchangeconnection action="close" connection="exchconn">

Error:
                    Requested Exchange resource was not found on the server.
                    The error occurred in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot2\dev\sandbox\email.cfm: line 14
                    12 :
                    13 : <cfoutput query="getMail">
                    14 : <cfexchangemail action="delete" uid="#getMail.uid#" connection="exchconn"></cfexchangemail>
                    15 : </cfoutput>
                    16 : <cfexchangeconnection action="close" connection="exchconn">

• 7. Re: Exchange 2007 Bug?
                      Dipanwita S Level 1
                      Hi,

Here's the code that I executed and all the operations worked fine.

<cfexchangeConnection
                      action="open"
                      username ="tester"
                      password="tester"
                      server="IP address"
                      protocol="https"
                      connection="testconn1">
                      Connection created!

<cfexchangeMail action="get" connection="testconn1" name="getMessages">
                      <cfdump var="#getMessages#">
                      Messages with initial properties retrieved!

<cfif getMessages.recordCount gt 0>
                      <cfoutput query="getMessages">
                      <cfset messageStruct = structNew()>
                      <cfset messageStruct.isRead = "true">
                      <cfexchangeMail action="set" message="#messageStruct#" connection="testconn1" uid="#UID#">
                      </cfoutput>
                      </cfif>

<cfexchangeMail action="get" connection="testconn1" name="getNewMessages">
                      <cfdump var="#getNewMessages#">
                      Message with new properties retrieved!

<cfif getNewMessages.recordCount gt 0>
                      <cfoutput query="getNewMessages">
                      <cfexchangemail action="delete" uid="#uid#" connection="testconn1">
                      </cfoutput>
                      Messages deleted!
                      </cfif>

<cfexchangeConnection
                      action="close"
                      connection="testconn1">

What I would suggest is, after each 'get' do a dump of the query and see you are actually getting the mails and their UIDs in the recordset. If records are returned correctly, then there should not be any issue looping through them for setting properties or deleting. Let me know what your query dump shows.

Thanks & Regards,
                      Dipanwita
                      • 8. Re: Exchange 2007 Bug?
                        PhilipCav Level 1
                        The problem appears to be occuring when the subject line of an email contains a bracket [ or ].
                        If none of the emails had a bracked it worked fine.

Error when subject was "test [ fail this ] ":
                        Invalid uri ' http://mail/exchange/repairs/Inbox/test%20[%20fail%20this%20 escaped absolute path not valid
                        • 9. Re: Exchange 2007 Bug?
                          Dipanwita S Level 1
                          Hi,

I verified this issue, it does throw this error while setting message properties if the message has braces in its subject line. Have logged a bug and it will be fixed.

Thanks & Regards,
                          Dipanwita
                          • 10. Re: Exchange 2007 Bug?
                            PhilipCav Level 1
                            Has this been confirmed to cause problems when deleting the message as well if it has a bracket?
                            • 11. Re: Exchange 2007 Bug?
                              Dipanwita S Level 1
                              Yes, it does throw ResourceNotFoundException for deletion as well if the message has braces in subject line.

Thanks & Regards,
                              Dipanwita
                              • 12. Re: Exchange 2007 Bug?
                                matt@iceasb.org
                                Does Adobe have a timeframe in mind when this might be resolved? We BADLY need this feature to work with Exchange 2007 ASAP. Thanks!
                                • 13. Re: Exchange 2007 Bug?
                                  Ekstrem
                                  Hi,

are you still working on this issue? We really need to solve this problem. Could you please tell us, if there some workaround?
                                  • 14. Re: Exchange 2007 Bug?
                                    Dipanwita S Level 1
                                    Hi,

Sorry for not keeping you posted on the status of this issue. ctually, this bug has been fixed in CF8 updater. Since updater is going to be released sometime in March, we can provide you with a hotfix for this. Let us know if that is okay with you.

Thanks & Regards,
                                    Dipanwita
                                    • 15. Re: Exchange 2007 Bug?
                                      PhilipCav Level 1
                                      Please do
                                      • 16. Re: Exchange 2007 Bug?
                                        matt@iceasb.org Level 1
                                        Yes, please send me instructions on how to obtain the hotfix! Please email to matt 'at' iceasb.org

Thanks!
                                        • 17. Re: Exchange 2007 Bug?
                                          matt@iceasb.org Level 1
                                          quote:

Originally posted by: matt@iceasb.org
                                          Yes, please send me instructions on how to obtain the hotfix! Please email to matt 'at' iceasb.org

Thanks!

Still waiting for this! Please send ASAP!
                                          • 18. Re: Exchange 2007 Bug?
                                            akhurana Level 1
                                            I am trying to connect to a client exchange server with the right username and password. Apparently WebDAV is enabled on that server. However, when I try to open a connection, I get this error. I need to get this resolved ASAP.!

Could not log in to the Exchange server.
                                            Verify server name, username, and password.

I am using the following code:
                                            <cfexchangeConnection
                                            action="open"
                                            username ="username" (not username@domain.com or domain/username)
                                            password="password"
                                            server="mymail.domainname.com"
                                            connection="testconn1"
                                            >
                                            • 19. Re: Exchange 2007 Bug?
                                              Dipanwita S Level 1
                                              Hi,

Could you please post your email address so that I can mail the hotfix to you directly.

Thanks & Regards,
                                              Dipanwita

quote:

Originally posted by: PhilipCav
                                              Please do

• 20. Re: Exchange 2007 Bug?
                                                PhilipCav Level 1
                                                could you also send it to philip '@' cpdist.com... thank you
                                                • 21. Re: Exchange 2007 Bug?
                                                  Ekstrem Level 1
                                                  Please send hotfix to me bostjan.bo at gmail.com
                                                  • 22. Re: Exchange 2007 Bug?
                                                    akhurana Level 1
                                                    Hi Dipanwita,
                                                    I am still waiting for the patch.

Thanks,
                                                    Ankush
                                                    • 23. Re: Exchange 2007 Bug?
                                                      Dipanwita S Level 1
                                                      Hi Ankush,

Can you please post your email id here, so that I can mail the patch directly to you.

Thanks,
                                                      Dipanwita

quote:

Originally posted by: akhurana
                                                      Hi Dipanwita,

Thanks,
                                                      Ankush

• 24. Re: Exchange 2007 Bug?
                                                        Dipanwita S Level 1
                                                        Hi Ankush,

Can you please post your email id here, so that I can mail the patch directly to you.

Thanks,
                                                        Dipanwita

quote:

Originally posted by: akhurana
                                                        Hi Dipanwita,

Thanks,
                                                        Ankush

• 25. Exchange 2007 Bug?
                                                          mullers
                                                          "The only areas we have seen problems with are downloading attachments and with inviting resources in the calendar event. "

Is there an answer to the problem with downloading attachments? I am getting "Exchange error Code : 501" when trying to get an attachemt. I am using the sample code provided by Adobe. Checking Google tells me lots of people are having the same problem but have not found a fix.

Ian Mulgrew
                                                          • 26. Exchange 2007 Bug?
                                                            jerseycat10 Level 1
                                                            We have the same bug. We believe the issue is relevant to characters other than '[' and ']'.

Such characters as ':', '|' and '(' - ')' are probably triggering the issue.

Does the aforementioned hotfix take care of these characters as well?

Please send the hotfix to jerseycat10@yahoo.com, along with instructions on how to install said hotfix.

Also, please provide the hotfix number and data explaining which ColdFusion 8 update this hotfix was incorporated into.

• 27. Re: Exchange 2007 Bug?
                                                              splitzer Level 1
                                                              Can you please provide the hot fix number so i can download the hot fix?