3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2013 12:40 PM by Peter Spier

File saving in Indesign CS6

KamanMarketing

I was just working on a file and saved it. Not only did it save to the folder where the file is located, it updated the backup file on  a completely separate disc which I did not want. How do I prevent this from happening? Thanks.

• 1. Re: File saving in Indesign CS6
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

How does the backup disk work? Do you have some sort of automatic backup system that scans your drives looking for modified files? That's the only way I can think of that a backup file would be modified.

To be sure old backup versions are protected in a situation like that, you should periodiocally  (like as soon as you open a file, and at each major change point) do a Save AS to a new file that includes a version designation in the name.

• 2. Re: File saving in Indesign CS6
            KamanMarketing Level 1

Thanks for your quick response. I use SuperDuper from Shirt Pocket software for backup, but I back up manually at the end of each day. There is no auto backup and no backup can occur without the application running. I gues the work around if there is no answer is to Save As to the folder in which the firle I'm working on resides.

• 3. Re: File saving in Indesign CS6
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Well, I have no idea how the backup could have been updated.

Please delete you personal info when replying by email. Everything is posted to the web page.