5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 12, 2013 7:18 PM by SnakEyez02 RSS

formmail results layout

gogreenstrong

I want to have a visitor fill out a web form and then the results emailed to me. I have found plenty of scripts that will do this but when I look at the email the results line up like this:

First Name: Jim

Last Name: Smith

Phone: (555) 555-4738

Email: someone@gmail.com

Address:

City:

State:

Zip:

Voltage: 120

Height: 25'

Current Type: HID

Current Wattage: 400

After Type: LED

After Wattage: 100

Hours: 12

Notes: none

Height: 15'

Current Wattage: 250

After Wattage: 85

Height: 25'

Current Wattage:175

After Wattage: 62

This is very confusing since there are multiple fields that are the same. The emailed form results should appear in the same layout as the webform like this:

Voltage: 120         Height:  25'        Current Type: HID         Current Wattage: 400         After Type: LED         After Wattage: 100       Hours: 12         Notes: none

Voltage: 120         Height:  15'        Current Type: HID         Current Wattage: 250         After Type: LED         After Wattage: 85         Hours: 12         Notes: none

Voltage: 120         Height:  10'        Current Type: HID         Current Wattage: 175         After Type: LED         After Wattage: 62         Hours: 12         Notes: none

Voltage: 120         Height:  25'        Current Type: HID         Current Wattage: 400         After Type: LED         After Wattage: 100       Hours: 12         Notes: none

Can anyone help me solve this problem? I'm going to use it with my 3dCart website which is .asp.

• 1. Re: formmail results layout
          SnakEyez02 CommunityMVP

I'm not sure of the file structure of your system so you may have to go to the manufacturer for that information.  But the HTML for the email should be contained in a file somewhere and you just change the line breaks or paragraphs to an HTML table with the values in it.  There is also the possibility the version you are looking at is text-only and you may need to enable the HTML version within the application and maybe they have an editor within the program to allow you to do this.

• 2. Re: formmail results layout
            gogreenstrong Community Member

Thank you for replying SnakeEyez02. I thought that the handler page would be where to assign these but I can't seem to understand where a <table></table> tag would go. Here is the form code that I have:

<form name="form" action="aspsendmail.asp" method="post">
            <table width="100%" border="1">
              <tr>
                <td><label class="description" for="Form_Name">Name </label>
            <div>
            <input id="Form_Name" name="Form_Name" class="element text large" type="text" maxlength="255" value=""/>
            </div></td>
                <td><label class="description" for="Form_Email">Email </label>
            <div>
            <input id="Form_Email" name="Form_Email" class="element text medium" type="text" maxlength="255" value=""/>
            </div></td>
                <td><label class="description" for="Form_Phone">Phone </label><br>
            <span>
            <input id="Form_Phone" name="Form_Phone" class="element text medium" maxlength="12" value="" type="text">
            <label for="Form_Phone"></label></span></td>
              </tr>
              <tr>
                <td><label class="description" for="Form_Order">Order # (optional) </label>
            <div>
            <input id="Form_Order" name="Form_Order" class="element text small" type="text" maxlength="255" value=""/>
            </div></td>
                <td><label class="description" for="Form_Message">What's wrong? </label>
            <div>
            <textarea id="Form_Message" name="Form_Message" class="element textarea large"></textarea>
            </div></td>
                <td> </td>
              </tr>
            </table>

<small>Please detail the issue you're having with the store</small><br><br>

<input type="hidden" value="YOUR_EMAIL@ADDRESS.NET" name="_recipients">
            <input type="hidden" value="Customer Service Inquiry " name="_subject">
            <input type="hidden" value="YOUR_THANKYOU_PAGE.html" name="_redirect">

<input id="saveForm" class="button_text" type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit" />
            </form>

Hopefully this will help.

• 3. Re: formmail results layout
              SnakEyez02 CommunityMVP

That's not the form processing code though.  The form processing code is buried somewhere in the script.  You will first have to look at aspsendmail.asp that they gave you.  I would highly recommend that you reach out to them as someone from the script vendor will be able to point you to the right file faster than people on the forums who would have to go file-by-file with you to find the answer.

• 4. Re: formmail results layout
                gogreenstrong Community Member

I don't have access to their aspsendmail.asp file thats why I'm trying to create my own. The support doesn't support development that is an extra overpriced cost.

• 5. Re: formmail results layout
                  SnakEyez02 CommunityMVP

They have an area to edit templates like I thought.  This is from their KB:

https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/6/1/how-can-i-modify-the-emails-that -my-store-sends-to-my-clients

They also talk about a more advanced integration with Mandrill which probably gives more flexibility although a lot more programming is involved:

https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/514/1/how-do-i-integrate-my-store-wi th-mandrill

I can't imagine they lock you into their own templates with these features.  It has to be buried somewhere within that application.  If not, I would evaluate them and see if they are really what you want or whether there are other competitors worth trying.