Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quiz Review Area will not display correct answer in Captivate 6

Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2013 Jun 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong.  I have a true/false question.  If the user gets the question wrong, I want the correct answer to show in the review area when they click on Review Quiz at the end of the quiz.  I have Lynda.com and two books, E-learning Uncovered Captivate 6 and Mastering Adobe Captive 6 and still can not get the correct answer to show. 

I beleive I am suppose to insert the correct answer by clicking on the Review Area and typing the correct answer in the Question Review Messages dialog box-Last box where it states, "the correct answer is".  Is this incorrect?

qrm.jpg

Thanks, Jeff

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 12, 2013 Jun 12, 2013

In Captivate 6 the Review has changed totally, it is not the Incorrect or Correct answer that will pop up as text, but the correct/incorrect answers will get a checkmark (green tick for correct answer, red for incorrect and a bigger tick for the question itself) during Review. Only the messages for Incomplete, partial correct will maybe pop up (not in 7 any more, have a special tick) and for Accessibility reasons I suppose the other messages  will be read if a screen reader is used but they don'

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2013 Jun 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Captivate 6 the Review has changed totally, it is not the Incorrect or Correct answer that will pop up as text, but the correct/incorrect answers will get a checkmark (green tick for correct answer, red for incorrect and a bigger tick for the question itself) during Review. Only the messages for Incomplete, partial correct will maybe pop up (not in 7 any more, have a special tick) and for Accessibility reasons I suppose the other messages  will be read if a screen reader is used but they don't show for normal users.

All messages were shown in previous versions. And are you serious: is this not mentioned in those books, find that strange!! The tutorials on Lynda.com are very basic, there I'm not surprised.

In previous versions, those messages would have been the same for all questions, only the indication of the correct and given answer changed on each slide.

TickQuest.jpg

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2013 Jun 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri:

Thanks so much for your reply.  I am fine with the way the incorrect/correct answer is displayed but are you telling me there is no way to show the correct answer at all if the user is wrong?  Why do they even have a review area anymore if you can't display any text?  I find this so confusing and have no idea how I will let my learners know what the correct answer should have been.

As for the books, they do show the ticks but they don't state that you can't show the correct answer to the learner during the review. 

Thanks again for your help and I am hoping I can find some kind of work around to display a correct answer during a quiz review.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

It shows the correct answer. On the screenshot you see that True was the correct answer, but the given answer was False, thus the question was answered incorrectly.

Similar ticks appear on other question types. Do I miss something in your question?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybira:

I am sorry for the confusion. 

Scenario:

• I make a statement and I choose False to be the correct response.
  • The user chooses True and gets the answer wrong
  • I want feedback to tell the user why the correct response was false by giving them the reason the statement was false and tell them the correct statement.

(see image below)

My main problem is with True/False and False is my choice.

My quiz is one that the user answers ALL questions and submits at the end so my only choice is to give them the correct answer when they review the quiz at the end.

review.png

Thanks again Lilybiri.  I am so grateful for your generous time and help always.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally I see what you want... will be possible with advanced actions (what did you think).

Idea is to toggle a variable when getting in Review mode and checking that variable on entering each question slide. When in Review mode you show the appropriate text container that is hidden in Quiz mode. Cannot remember if I have a similar example on my blog. And for the moment, until my website is ready, I stopped blogging. But I'm too busy answering all those questions everywhere.

BTW: even in previous versions this wouldn't have been possible, because the Review message was the same for all questions.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Lilybiri.  I have been under the weather the last few days so I did not have a chance to get back to you.  I thought Advanced Actions probably had something to do with making this work.  I spent most of the weekend reviewing all types of blogs and posts online and googled " How to give feedback in Review mode for a quiz in Captivate 6".  I found a few things that were similar but not exactly what I need.  It almosts seems that no one else has run into this problem.  I really appreciate all your help  and I know I have taken a lot of your time with this problem.

Since I can't find anything online and there is nothing in any of the books about how to give feeback in review mode using advanced actions, I am going to start a new thread and see if I get a few more replies.  I will be able to be a bit more clear with my explanation due to your help.

I am so excited about your website.  I loved reading your blog this weekend and you are all over the internet. As I said in one of my past posts, you should write a book (but I know you are creating a website).  I just really believe that if there was more information on Advanced Actions and Variables, that book would sell!  There so little info out there on this subject.

Some of the posts I read state that the feedback is easier to do when you use an LMS because there is a function in the LMS that does the feedback for you.  Not sure if that is true but I never thought this would be so difficult.  Thank you again for all your help and again, so excited about your website!!!!!!

Regards, Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your kind words, Jeff. Because yesterday someone told me that my blog is useless to him, that he doesn't understand anything.  Felt bit sad about that,

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do not feel bad.  I find your blog very helpful and you are always so extremely helpful to all of us in the community. When I first posted my question, there were 32 people who viewed my question and you were the only one who answered so I am extremely grateful to you.  Have a great weekend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 20, 2014 Mar 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the Review Area needed for? How do I center the text in that box or even delete the box altogether?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on your version... It is used on the score slide to show the result, it is used to show when a question is not answered. In later versions it has no other use.

As you don't mention your version, can only answer: check the Object style for the Review area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have version 6 and when I make changes in the format of my test questions

how do I get it to affect all the slides I will make from that point on?

When ever I do a duplicate the text in the review area box is no longer

center on center it changes to center top.

Thanks in advance

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello guys,

That's a really interesting post and I would like to follow up adding the reversed question: in my quiz review I can see the correct answers but I can't see the incorrect ones.

The review slide doesn't display

CapturivateQuizREview.PNG

but the question and answers without any symbols. Everything OK when the answer is correct.

Do you have any suggestions?

Marco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources