6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2013 11:05 AM by Rallymax-forum

studdering video preview with 1080p 60fps

georohl Level 1

So as the title says I have got a problem with my Premiere Pro CS6:

I'm recording movies with my GoPro HERO3 in 1080p and 60fps. In addition I have a Sony A37 which records in 1080p and 25fps (converted to .mp4 with Adobe Media Encoder).

Now the first little question: Which sequence presets do I have to use?

But my problem is another one: As I load the GoPro clips into the clip preview (marked with green) the playback is fluid. After I put them into the sequence and press space to preview the whole movie (marked with purple) I got a very studdering video playback. I don‘t use any effects or something like that.

after effects.jpg
      ( http://s1.directupload.net/images/130612/hktpo5i4.jpg )

As you can see in the picture there are 4 sections in my CPU graph:

• In the first section I played a rendered clip of my Sony A37 which you can see on the left in my sequence. Because I renderd it it is marked with a green bar. The CPU usage was about 33% all the time.
      • In the second section I played a clip of my GoPro which is in my sequence, too. It’s marked with a yellow bar on top of it because it’s not rendered (and i even cant render it to have a fluid playback). As you can see the CPU usage was about 50% all the time.
      • In the third section I did a break. As you can see CPU is nearly at 0%.
      • In the forth section I previewed a `raw` clip of my trip to USA. CPU usage same as section two: 50% all the time. The video ran fluid.

So it’s not the fault of my CPU that the purple marked preview isn’t fluid?

Are there presets that I can change to get a fluid video preview? I already dropped the resolution to 1/2 or 1/4 but it didn't helped.

Here’s my hardware configuration:

Intel Core i5 650 @ 3.20 Ghz

4GB RAM

ATI Radeon HD 5700

If you need more information about my computer and the presets just ask

Sorry for my bad english.

georohl