1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 12, 2013 12:40 PM by Peter Spier

Some Questions about page numbers & page import

tW1zzard

1. How can i add a automatically "from to number" (like autopagenumber) to pages

for Example 1st page 100 last page 200 between are 100 pages which are added with the automatically number

2. How can i import single pages from other files in a opened indesign file

sry for bad english^^#tyty

• 1. Re: Some Questions about page numbers & page import
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

I'm not sure I understand your first question. Ar you just looking to start automatic numbersing at some number other than 1, or are you looking for something like "page x of y"? To start autonumbering at any number of your choice select the page in the Pages panel, then choose Numbering and Section Options and start a new section, filling in the start number you want to use. To make the number appear on the pages, add a text frame to the master page where you want the number to appear and insert the Current Page Marker special character.

You can Place pages from one document into another the same way you place photos or other graphics, but they are not editable. If you want to edit the content, use copy/paste.