7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2013 2:46 PM by the_wine_snob

pictures in portret from elements

Kees Verhaar

wen i go from elements after making presentation to premiere for film de pictures shown in elements as portert (up) . They are in premiere not portret dus 90degrese down.

Earlyer i do them change in windows and then in premiere they ware oke.

now a days i cant see wich i have to change in windows.

The picture knows if the are 90 degrees down and windows shows it up site.

• 1. Re: pictures in portret from elements
          the_wine_snob Level 9

I think that you will need to have your post moved to the Premiere Elements Forum. Maybe a MOD can do this for you.

As for the orientation of the Images, if you are seeing them correctly displayed in Organizer, but not in your Project, it is because a Rotation has been applied to the Image in Organizer, BUT the actual pixels have not been altered - just metadata to tell some viewer programs what the orientation should be. This article goes into more detail: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4160580#4160580

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: pictures in portret from elements
            Kees Verhaar Level 1

Bill,

your answer means you understand the problem.

How to solve? Just wen you dont know to wich site you have to change the orientation.

How find i my mod to change the forum. (Is this not premiere elements forum?)

Thanks.

Kees.

• 3. Re: pictures in portret from elements
              Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional

[moved to premiere elements forum]

• 4. Re: pictures in portret from elements
                the_wine_snob Level 9

When one has an Image, that needs to be Rotated, they need to apply Rotation (realigns the physical pixels in the Image), then Save_As, choosing a format that will work in Premiere Elements/Pro, and I would choose one with little, to no compression, like PSD.

With most cataloging programs, the "rotation" is not really applied to the pixels, but just a metadata "note" on how to display the Image, i.e. rotated.

Not sure if Elements Organizer can do this directly, but Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Bridge (sort of like Elements Organizer on steroids) and Lightroom can. You need to physically alter the pixels, not just add a notation on how to view the Image - actual Rotation.

One can use the Fixed Effect>Rotation in Premiere (both flavors), but I like doing this in an Image-editing program. If one has PrPro with CUDA/MPE, then the algorithm for Rotation will be as good as with Photoshop, but PrElements does not use CUDA/MPE, so I feel that Photoshop (either flavor) will be a better choice.

Also, one can create an Action in Photoshop (think that this will work in Photoshop Elements too), to Rotate an entire folder of Images, with Automate>Batch.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: pictures in portret from elements
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Thank you Jeff.

Hunt

• 6. Re: pictures in portret from elements
                    Kees Verhaar Level 1

Bill, i have a solution found.

1e in a windows program you can see if a foto is portret
                    2e open this foto with the program GIMP. (Download. Nothing to pay. More friendly as adobe in use!)
                    3e The program says turn or keep. Choose KEEP. The foto wil be presentate landscape!
                    4e Turn the picture 90 degrees.
                    5e Export the picture with a new name (Mostly to the same folder.)
                    6e Import pictures in adobe elements organiser.
                    7e Use in the presentation the rotated foto! There you can manipulate it.

8e The picture wil be stand up in the movie with premiere elements.

It is a pitty that adobe can't give a solution in there programma's. Even helpdesk can't speake Dutch any more.

So in the future may be Gimp gifs more solutions.

I  hope you have a good filing with this. (Sorry for my english.)

• 7. Re: pictures in portret from elements
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Yes. That workflow will realign the pixels, so that the actual orientation of the Image is applied, and Saved - not just the metadata instructing display programs how to orient it, for display only.

That is exactly what I do in Photoshop, and use an Action to apply the Rotation to an entire folder of Images, at a time.

Glad that you have a viable workflow.

Good luck,

Hunt