6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2013 9:42 PM by designedbyjackley

listening for external function calls

designedbyjackley Level 1

I am trying to get a global nav thats in the html page that my Edge Comp is embedded in to run function to talk to my Edge comp and excecute a function I have setup within my Edge comp.

Make sense?

Inside my Edge Comp within the composition ready I have a simple function:

sym.MuteSound = function()

{

console.log("Mute is listening");

}

and within the page that the comp is housed in I have a toggle function:

function togglePause(toggle) {

console.log("TogglePause is Working");

sym.MuteSound();

/*

* Global pause/mute toggle.  Insert any custom code needed to interact with this

* to mute, pause or do anything in particular while the nav is open.

* Accepts a boolean value: true = pause, false = unpause

* This is called automatically when the navigation is opened or closed.

*/

};

The togglePause is fireing off correctly but its not excecuting the sym.MuteSound(); function thats inside of my Edge Comp...

Does anyone know how I should properly structure it so that they can play nice?