0 Replies Latest reply: Jun 12, 2013 5:59 PM by Digitalbaby RSS

Flash Player Plugin pushing cpu to 100% on Laptop

Digitalbaby Community Member

I know there is many (many many) discussions on this topic, but I was hoping to get a clear answer on how to solve this issue. It seems that my issues with cpu have been going off and on for a bit now, but in the last month or so it's been practically every single day.

Within the first hour from boot up everything is okay with the videos and flash media, but after that it starts to hike up and next thing I know my cpu is at 100% and the computer is hanging and moments later it's telling me if I want to wait for the plugin to respond. If I say yes it stalls some more and then tries to keep going but it's super choppy and it makes horrible noises, if I say no then it says that the flash player plugin crashed and to refresh- just for it to go through that again. Something strange about this is that when I put my laptop into sleep mode (not shutdown) for 30 or so minutes and come back, my system drops the cpu levels and it is fine again until another hour then the whole thing starts again. I use Norton 360 so it's constantly telling me that Adobe flash is using too much cpu or firefox (browser I use) and the performance log norton has about my computer tells me that just yesterday I had a moment of being at 100% for 10 minutes straight!

I've tried seeing if it was really just firefox doing this as it does take a lot of cpu on it's own, but after going into firefox safe mode the problem with flash jumping high in cpu was still there.

Does anyone have a solution? (I'm not a tech expert, just your normal everyday user so please make it as simple as possible!)

If you need more ifo let me know! Thanks!

Computer info:

Model: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC

Processor:  Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz

RAM: 8GB (I expanded it- originally was 4GB)

System type: 64-bit Operating System

Windows 7 Home Premium

Flash Player Plugin: 11.7.700.224

Browser: Mozilla Firefox 21

Antivirus: Norton 360 version 20.3.1.22