4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2007 8:13 PM by heathrowe

disjointed rollover problem

amyk008
      Hi everyone.. I am trying to create a slideshow using disjointed rollovers. I have several (16 so far) thumbnail images and want to display fullsize images in one common area. The problem: as I add more images, the earlier ones become blocked from view. It appears to have something in front of it of the same size and shape as the images I'm using, and the same color as the background. The use of layers doesn't seem to make a difference. The more images I add, the more (earlier ones) become blocked. Anyone? Thanks in advance.
        • 1. Re: disjointed rollover problem
          Level 7
          Can you provide a link showing us the page as it stands?

--
          Regards

John Waller

• 2. disjointed rollover problem
            heathrowe Most Valuable Participant
            Do you have a url for us to view?

posted the same time as John...
            ... to add - what method is the Slideshow created.
            h
            • 3. Re: disjointed rollover problem
              amyk008 Level 1
              Here is the URL: It's not ready to be live, so may be slow. Thanks for looking.
              http://www.so-fsbo.com/ss2.htm

As for my method: I am open to suggestions for a better way to accomplish what is seen at link, above.
              But here is what I did. The exact method is (copied from Fireworks F1):
              To attach a disjoint rollover to a selected image:
              Choose Edit > Insert > Slice to attach a slice to the trigger image.
              Create a new frame by clicking the New/Duplicate Frame button in the Frames panel.
              Place a second image, to be used as the target, in the new frame in the desired location on the canvas. You can place the image anywhere other than beneath the slice you created in step 1.
              Select the image, and then choose Edit > Insert > Slice to attach a slice to the image.
              Select Frame 1 in the Frames panel to return to the frame that has the original image.
              Select the slice, hotspot, or button that covers the trigger area (the original image) and place the pointer over the behavior handle. The pointer changes into a hand.
              Drag the behavior handle for the trigger slice to the target slice you created in step 4.
              The behavior line extends from the center of the trigger to the upper left corner of the target slice, and the Swap Image dialog box opens.
              From the Swap Image From pop-up menu, select the frame you created in step 2, and click OK.
              Click the Preview tab to view and test the disjoint rollover.
              • 4. Re: disjointed rollover problem
                heathrowe Most Valuable Participant
                Thats quite a bit a code to sift through to try and dicipher where/when is the cause.

Though I suspect that somewhere along the way swapping/changing images is interferring and the old ones are still there, and possible referenced.

To ensure a clean slate your proably best to remove all the behaviors and try again and ensure to remove the items from the images folder, to make sure your at a clean slate.

On another note, this process is proably best suited for a one time gallery creation, or a simple 2/3 image swap routine. If you look at the code of the outputted page, it's quite a bit of overhead and incredibly difficult to manage by hand.

I would recommend having a look at the Commands > Create Slidehow option. You can get some neat results from that.

h