12 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2013 8:53 PM by A.T. Romano

Video won't upload to Youtube - Elements 11

laineyamber1991

I've been trying to upload my video to Youtube the past couple of days, and keep getting an error message that says:

"Online services encountered an error. The service will now be terminated or paused if possible."

I've been using the upload and share service within elements 11, and it worked ok uploading a video last week.

I've tried uploading manually but I get a message on Youtube's uploading page saying that the video has not been properly formatted and has failed to process.

Does anyone know how to get around this problem?

• 1. Re: Video won't upload to Youtube - Elements 11
          A.T. Romano Level 7

laineyamber1991

You wrote

I've tried uploading manually but I get a message on Youtube's uploading page saying that the video has not been properly formatted and has failed to process.

Please detail what you are trying to upload to YouTube at its web site and are getting the above message. What are the properties of this content that you are trying to upload? Is this file the export of your Premiere Elements 11 Timeline and was the file obtained from the Premiere Elements 11 export route of:

Premiere Elements

Publish+Share

Computer

What, including settings under the Advanced Button/Video and Audio Tabs for the preset selected.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Video won't upload to Youtube - Elements 11
            Vidis3 Level 1

Interestingly, I am having the same issue this week also.

It's just a 12min clip, ...

Publish + Share

Online --> Youtube (High Def 1440 x 1080)

Get a message that it's processing and will see a confirmation, but then when it's about 80% done, I get a message "Sorry, an error occur(ed) during the uploading process. Please try again later."

• 3. Re: Video won't upload to Youtube - Elements 11
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Along with ATR's questions, what is the Duration of the Timeline, that you are attempting to upload?

Is it the same, as with the Project that uploaded properly before?

PrE still lags behind YouTube's limits (which change by allowing certain account types to upload longer Durations), and a user with one of the Extended Accounts can hit the limit in PrE, though they have the capability for longer Duration files. PrE usually increases the Duration to that of YouTube, at the time that PrE is written, but if YouTube makes a change mid-version, it will be shorter than allowed.

The workaround, if that is the case, is to manually output (Export/Share/Publish) the Timeline, and then manually upload directly to YouTube.

As there are now a few different "levels" of YouTube accounts, I would also anticipate that PrE will impose a limit on the "lowest common denominator," which will be for a "regular account." Maybe with PrE 12, there WILL be a sliding limit, based on the YouTube account type?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Video won't upload to Youtube - Elements 11
                Vidis3 Level 1

Hi, Yeah, you're right... this timeline is 12mins compared to the previous clips which were just 3mins.

When I try to export it to the desktop it's creating it in a mpg file which Youtube isn't accepting, so I convert it to mp4 but it is very blurry on Youtube.

Am I maybe doing something wrong when I export it to the desktop using Elements 11?

Thanks!

• 5. Re: Video won't upload to Youtube - Elements 11
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

In the Publish+Share (PrE 11) Tab, you should have YouTube options for output. You might have to scroll a bit (those scroll bars ARE hard to see, but look closely to the far-right of the Tab), but should be able to choose a YouTube Preset for output.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: Video won't upload to Youtube - Elements 11
                    Vidis3 Level 1

Yup, I've tried all the presets but still gives me the error message just when I thikn it's going to be uploaded (2.5 hours, just now, ugh).

How do you recommend to export it so that I can then manually upload to YouTube?

Thanks!

• 7. Re: Video won't upload to Youtube - Elements 11
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Vidis3,

I did not see what version of PrE you are using. That will direct someone here to point out the exact Export settings, and where you will find them.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 8. Re: Video won't upload to Youtube - Elements 11
                        Vidis3 Level 1

I'm using PrE 11

btw, laineyamber1991, excuse me for piggy-backing off your thread... hope some of the responses are helpful to you too  :-)

• 9. Re: Video won't upload to Youtube - Elements 11
                          the_wine_snob Level 9

Vidis3,

If you have an HD Timeline @ 1920 x 1080 NTSC 30FPS, then this should work fine:

YouTube_Export.png

Note: in the case of this example, my Project was SD, so the "Source" does not match. With 1920 x 1080 NTSC 30FPS, yours will. I just did not have an HD AVCHD Project handy. You will get an MP4, which should upload just fine.

If your Project differs, then just choose a matching Preset for that.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 10. Re: Video won't upload to Youtube - Elements 11
                            Vidis3 Level 1

Thanks!... it worked... but gave me a 2.79 GB MP4, and YouTube is saying it's going to take 480 minutes to upload , lol :-)

Eeeck, something I may have done wrong this time? 

• 11. Re: Video won't upload to Youtube - Elements 11
                              the_wine_snob Level 9

What type of connection do you have?

What is the Duration of your Timeline?

That sounds like a very long upload to me, but then have never uploaded anything much longer than 10 mins..

Also, when it comes to file size, the two determining factors are the Bit-Rate and the Duration. The Duration is usually fixed, and as one drops the Bit-Rate to get a smaller file, the quality will decrease - though only you can determine if that decrease is acceptable.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 12. Re: Video won't upload to Youtube - Elements 11
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

laineyamber1991

How are you doing with your YouTube issue that caused you to post your own new thread on the matter? We seem to have lost contact with you after the initial post, and apparently the thread got detoured.

Have you resolved your issue? If not, please let us know, including the details requested for your specific situation. I always write that problems with the same symptoms can (often do) have different causes.

If you need clarification on anything that I have written and asked, please do not hesitate to tell me. The goal is to communicate, and I will rewrite if necessary.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR