2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2013 5:22 AM by jsdafhsd

Issues exporting videos to the correct size using elements 10

jsdafhsd

I film using my GoPro Hero 3 in 1080p/60fps, I export straight to my computer then I upload to YouTube. The problem I'm having is when I export the video, it ends up with a large black border instead of being full screen.I've tried most of the presets and every diferent frame size and it still ends up the same... Anyone know what i may be doing wrong? I'm no pro editor or anything, I just do the odd motorbike ride that i like to film/ edit.

• 1. Re: Issues exporting videos to the correct size using elements 10
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jsdafhsd

Let us look at the import and export settings for your GoProHero 3 1080p60 footage in Premiere Elements 10.

1. Did you set the project preset (new project dialog) for

NTSC

DSLR

1080p

DSLR1080p30

2. If you want to maintain the 60 progressive frames per second workflow in the export, the Share/Online/YouTube is not for you since it has a non adjustable preset..you will end up with 29.97 frames per second. So, export your Timeline to a file saved to your computer hard drive and then upload that to YouTube at the YouTube web site. Suggested export for that purpose:

Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = MP4 - H.264 1920 x 1080. The settings under the Advanced Button/Video Tab should look like:

(That 60 frame per second set could be 59.94 depending on your video properties.)

MP4 1920 x 1080.JPG

The 60 frames per second set could be 59.94 depending on your video properties.

You could also use Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = YouTube Widescreen HD. The settings under the Advanced Button/Video Tab would look like:

YouTubeWidescreenHD.JPG

Please review the above, double check your import and export settings for your project, see if the problem persists, and, if none of that resolves the problem, then get back to us with more details for a specific import setting and specific export setting that does not work for you.

Thanks,

ATR