7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2013 12:36 PM by the_wine_snob

Can't download Premiere/PhotoShop Elements 11 package

Squash306

When I click on the download link in my order, I get a page telling me 'Please use a supported browser'.

I'm using IE10 on Win7 64 bit.

Where am I going wrong?

• 1. Re: Can't download Premiere/PhotoShop Elements 11 package
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

My first guesses would be that your IE has the security settings too high, or that you have some other security issue, with either your OS, or maybe some anti-virus/anti-malware software.

Just for this download from Adobe, I would first lower the security settings for IE and test. If that does not help, then look at the security settings in Windows. If you are still having issues, disable any anti-virus/anti-malware software.

Do not forget to turn any security settings, or anti-whatever software, back to your original settings, for when you visit less-trusted Web sites.

Good luck, and hope that helps,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Can't download Premiere/PhotoShop Elements 11 package
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Squash306

Another "watch out for" which may or may not affect your download of those tryouts of Photoshop Elements 11 and Premiere Elements 11.

I used Mozilla Firefox for such a download only the other day.

I did not run into any browser issues but I did forget about the typical recommendations to shutoff the antivirus and firewalls such tasks.

My only problem with this download was at the beginning.

(a) There was request to download and install an updated version of the Adobe Download Assistant. I went through the process only to be informed that I had the latest version.

(b) Moving forward, when asked to set up a folder on my computer for the download, I created a folder on the Desktop....then I was notified that my computer did not have enough RAM for the download...in fact, I have 8 GB installed and about 5 to 6 GB available. When I created the folder on Documents instead of Desktop, I did not get that message, and the download and subsequent installation went without issues.

Please update us on your progress when you get a chance.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Can't download Premiere/PhotoShop Elements 11 package
              the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR,

While I have not used FireFox, I have had somewhat similar issues with Chrome. In my cases, going to IE 8 fixed the issues. It pays to have a couple browsers handy. With some downloads, one can be better than another. Probably depends on the Web site?

Good call,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Can't download Premiere/PhotoShop Elements 11 package
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt

Several Premiere Elements versions ago, Internet Explorer (whatever the current version) was my answer for downloading and installing the Premiere Elements tryouts from Adobe. Firefox would fail me consistently. Firefox is up to version 21.0 now and is handing these downloads for me flawlessly.

ATR

• 5. Re: Can't download Premiere/PhotoShop Elements 11 package
                  Squash306 Level 1

Seems to be working in latest Chrome v 27.0.1453.110. Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

• 6. Re: Can't download Premiere/PhotoShop Elements 11 package
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Great news!

Hope that the installations go well.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: Can't download Premiere/PhotoShop Elements 11 package
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

With about IE 9 (IIRC), there were some issues with several sites. That is why I still have IE 8 (and also IE 7) on my main machine.

Chrome is my main browser, but it has proved to not be perfect for everything.

Once, when browers were much "younger," I kept about a half-dozen on my computer, to test my Web design. Nowadays, that is not so much of an issue, but I still have a bunch hanging around - just in case.

Hunt