4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2013 11:42 AM by A.T. Romano

m2ts files from camcorder

Fru_Blom

My camcorder Sony HDR-CX260VE gives *.m2ts files. How can I open and edit them in Premiere Elements 10? I have Windows Vista.

• 1. Re: m2ts files from camcorder
          the_wine_snob Level 9

With a matching Project (match the Frame Size, FPS, etc.), then you should just be able to use Get Media, to Import those files into the Project. Does that not work, or do you get an error message? If you do get an error message, what does it say?

If it's a CODEC error, then do you have the latest version of Apple's QT Player installed?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: m2ts files from camcorder
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Fru_Blom

From what I have read and the lmited amount of information supplied, it would appear that your camera is offering AVCHD video compression and Dolby Digital 2 Channel audio and is associated with a .m2ts file extension and a frame size of 1920 x 1080.. What is the frame rate...29.97 progressive frames per second, 29.97 interlaced frames per second, or other if you are set for PAL? It looks like that is going to a memory stick.

To what do you intent to export your Premiere Elements 10 on Windows VIsta Timeline?

I have interpreted your question as asking for specific suggested Premiere Elements 10 Windows settings for this source video. Is that correct?

Detailed settings will be given with the information requested if you need further assistance on this matter.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: m2ts files from camcorder
              nealeh Level 5

I just drag my Sony .m2ts files to the timeline of a new project. PRE will adjust the necessary project settings.

Cheers,
              --
              Neale
              Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children.

• 4. Re: m2ts files from camcorder
                A.T. Romano Level 7

nealeh

Fru_Blom is using Premiere Elements 10, not Premiere Elements 11 and even that with its new project setting dominating role has its flaws.

ATR