11 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2013 8:53 PM by AZ Aurora

Text will not save to title page

AZ Aurora Level 1
      1. I have been using Premier Elements 8 and all of a sudden my text will not save to the title page that I insert into my Sceneline, what has happened?
      2. I am also getting small blue boxes in the upper right hand corner of my clip
      3. In addition to all of this I have been adding music to my audio in timeline and now when I do it, my video line has a gap where I insert the music on the audio line

What has happened?? What have I done to cause all of this? Thanks

• 1. Re: Text will not save to title page
          the_wine_snob Level 9

For the Title Text, exactly what are the steps that you are using to create the Title, and then alter the Text (essentially replacing the "Add Text" placeholder Text)?

Is this happening with all Titles that you are creating?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Text will not save to title page
            A.T. Romano Level 7

AuroraAz

Let us start with

In addition to all of this I have been adding music to my audio in timeline and now when I do it, my video line has a gap where I insert the music on the audio line

Hold down the Alt key of the computer main keyboard as you drag your clips into place on the Timeline view. That will prevent disturbing the existing setup and avoid splitting of audio.

I would strongly encourage you to use the Timeline instead of the Sceneline view so that you can see what is going on better and thus have more control over your projects. The Sceneline does not always reflect what is going on in the Timeline. Worst case, Sceneline OR Timeline but avoid the toggling between. My opinion.

You wrote

I have been using Premier Elements 8 and all of a sudden my text will not save to the title page that I insert into my Sceneline, what has happened?

What I believe might be happening...in one case, you are creating the titles in the Titler of the Timeline view and then viewing them in the Sceneline view and in the other case, creating the titles in the Sceneline Tilter and viewing them in the Sceneline then the Timeline. You may not see the same results. Please compare to see what I mean.

We will be watching for your results.

ATR

• 3. Re: Text will not save to title page
              the_wine_snob Level 9

For the "blue boxes," can you please furnish more details?

What is your Project's Setting?

What are the full details of your Clips?

Is this showing in the Program Monitor, or in the Source Monitor?

Can you post a screen-cap, showing those blue boxes?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Text will not save to title page
                the_wine_snob Level 9

I see that ATR has handled #3.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Text will not save to title page
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt,

Please try it. This appears to be a classic case of problems when one is toggling between the Timeline view and the Sceneline View.

a. 3 photos on the Timeline of the Timeline view, a separate title over each....switch to the Sceneline view...you see only one title and it is over the first photo ONLY (yet blue boxes at top right corner of each Sceneline view/Filmstrip Scene.

b. 3 photos in Sceneline view Filmstrip, a separate title created there over each...switch to the Timeline view...3 photos each with a separate title over it.

I do not see anything to be done, except do not toggle between Timeline view and Sceneline view.

ATR

• 6. Re: Text will not save to title page
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Ah, I see what the OP (and you) is talking about. I do not use Sceneline, so had never encountered the issue.

The "blue boxes" in Sceneline are telling us that there are Clips/Titles above the displayed Clip. I thought that the blue boxes were appearing in playback, and were perhaps artifacts. They are actually icons, and are seen in Sceneline.

I would use Sceneline for the basic setup of the Project (like a lightbox), then switch to Timeline View Mode, for operations with Titles.

Hunt

• 7. Re: Text will not save to title page
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt,

I need to do more work on this difference and am hoping to get some feedback information from AuroraAz to determine if this is one of those maybe happens or happens all the time things.

ATR

• 8. Re: Text will not save to title page
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Here is a look at my Project in Timeline View Mode, and then in Sceneline View Mode:

Timeline_Sceneline_01.png

Timeline_Sceneline_02.png

The CTI has not been moved, but in Timeline, the Titles show, where in Sceneline, they do not in the editing area, but are indicated by those blue boxes.

Hunt

• 9. Re: Text will not save to title page
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt

Definitely needs more definition by the user.

My suggested explanation for the happening is turning out to be inconsistent. And, on refection I am not sure if the user is referring to creating a title in the titler for each slide or rather inserting some sort of black title page as a scene in one of the Filmstrip scenes. Those blue box icons are not exclusive to titles and can often reflect media over the clip. But it can get ify seeing content above V1 in the Sceneline view.

ATR

• 10. Re: Text will not save to title page
                            the_wine_snob Level 9

I agree. Knowing a bit more might well explain things better.

As for those "blue boxes," they appear to be whenever there is material on higher Video Tracks, and, as you point out, not just Titles.

I observed two different blue boxes, but have not figured out what the other one indicates. Seems to have a little "clock" in it. More research on my part will be required - or maybe I will grab one of Steve G's older books, to see if he covers all types of blue box icons.

As for the Text, I was also wondering if the OP was perhaps running afoul of the Title Instances thing, and was seeing perhaps all Titles changing, when a change was being made to one? Still, I think that much of the problem stems from having "layers" of Video, then going to Sceneline View Mode.

Hunt

• 11. Re: Text will not save to title page
                              AZ Aurora Level 1

Thank you for responding to my 3 isssues.

1. What I did to fix this issue was to do a "save" and than shut down the program and open it again. That corrected the problem. I had been replacing the "ADD Text" when that problem occured. It did not happen with all of the titles.

2. Now that I know what the blue boxes are according to Bill Hunt I know that I do not have to be concerned about them, they have also gone away and do not show up in the finished product.

3.Thanks for the tip on adding the audio, that helps. What I also did is not to add the new audio clip too close to the previous one, than for whatever reason when I did that the video clips did not disappear, they stayed in place.

However now I have a new problem which I will post in a minute. Thanks for your help. Both to you and Bill Hunt