We are having the exact same problem with our Adobe refusing to install. Have you had any luck with a resolution to this issue? I am at my wits end to get this installed. It also is telling me to close all programs on Internet Explorer before it can finish. So, we have done that several times, but, it still refuses to finish installing. :-s
- Your operating system & version WINDOWS 7
- Your web browser(s) & version IE 9
- Your Flash Player version you having problems with 11.7
- Explain your problem in details; don't use meaningless words like "can't", "cannot", "unable", "won't work"
- ERROR SAYS SOMETHING LIKE: CANNOT INSTALL, "USER LACKS PERMISSIONS"
- I AM A SMALL BUSINESS OWNER AND AM THE ONLY USER/ADMINISTRATOR FOR MY PC
- If you get error messages, please quote them exactly, or provide a screenshot: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1070933
Try the following: download the offline installer from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#mai n-pars_header and save it to disk, then close all browser windows, right-click on the downloaded installer and select Run as Administrator.
If that still fails, please post the contents of the FlashInstall.log file from the C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash folder.