5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2013 9:35 AM by A.T. Romano

sound drops out on saved project

kimboroadshow

I completed a project and trying to make a MPeg or simaler for playing computer or dvd but the audio drops out after a few seconds Ive tried different formats but it still drops out

• 1. Re: sound drops out on saved project
          A.T. Romano Level 7

kimboroadshow

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

What did you use for source media and how did you import it into the project?

What was your project preset and the properties of those source media?

How did the rendered Timeline play back in the Edit Mode Monitor, with video and audio or just video?

Let us start here and then decide what next?

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: sound drops out on saved project
            kimboroadshow Level 1

Hi

Im using Premier Elements 10

Source Media was MOV file from Nikon D800 via Compact flash card via usb

Not sure re project preset and properties of source media (how do I find that out-sorry im a bit new to Premier elements)

Audio and Video played back ok except a little jerky.

Thanks

Kimboroadshow

• 3. Re: sound drops out on saved project
              A.T. Romano Level 7

kimboroadshow

Thanks for the follow up.

To get an idea of your current project settings after you have set the project preset (or you have accepted the default which is NTSC DV Standard or PAL DV Standard depending whether you are set up for NTSC or PAL), please check Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and the information given for Editing Mode, Timebase, and Frame Size.

From what I have read, you camera probably is giving you 1080p which is 1920 x 1080 16:9 as compared to 720 x 480 of the NTSC or PAL DV Standard 4:3 project settings if you accepted the default.

If you are in a NTSC setup and you are shooting 1080p30, then...

Please start a new Premiere Elements 10 project with project preset =

NTSC

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p30

or

DSLR 1080p30 @ 29.97

and then proceed with your editing and burn to DVD-VIDEO Widescreen on DVD disc.

If anything is different than what I am assuming, do not attempt the above, and post with details of your source media. The free MediaInfo program can supply a properties readout for this purpose.

http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en

We will be watching for your results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: sound drops out on saved project
                kimboroadshow Level 1

Hi

Thanks for your response. I think I've managed to fix the problem.

The project presets seem ok, it was the saving options I think that gave me the problem.  I ve saved the files now as HDTV 1080 29.97 High Quality, which is what I should have probably saved it as in the first place and seems to have done the trick

Thanks for your tips that pointed me in the right direction though.

Kimboroadshow

• 5. Re: sound drops out on saved project
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

kimboroadshow

Good work.

Thanks for the follow up with the good news that your problem is resolved.

Out of curiosity, how did you initially save (export) your project?

Continued success.

ATR