1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 15, 2013 2:34 AM by DriveFST

remove subMenuItems from created menu

DriveFST

Hi Forum!.

I have added menuItem("AUTOMATION") in menu and subMenuItem("selectImageParent"); (to run the script "selectImageParent" by selecting from menu:

var myScript1 = new File(app.filePath + "~D:\Adobe\InDesign\Version 5.0\Scripts\Scripts Panel\selectImageParent");

var myScriptAction1 = app.scriptMenuActions.add("selectImageParent");

var myEventListener1 = myScriptAction1.eventListeners.add("onInvoke", myScript1, false);

try{

var myScriptMenu = app.menus.item("$ID/Main").submenus.item("AUTOMATION");

myScriptMenu.title;

}

catch (myError){

var myScriptMenu = app.menus.item("$ID/Main").submenus.add("AUTOMATION");

}

var myScriptMenuItem1 = myScriptMenu.menuItems.add(myScriptAction1);

Thing is i, cant able to remove the add subMenuItem(selectImageParent) just keeping the menuItem("Automation") unremoved.

HERE IT REMOVE THE ENTIRE MENU AND THE SCRIPT

var myScriptMenu = app.menus.item("$ID/Main").submenus.item("AUTOMATION").remove();

INSTEAD I WANT TO REMOVE ONLY THE subMenu "selectImageParent" under Automation.

Any help on this please.

• 1. Re: remove subMenuItems from created menu
          DriveFST Level 1

Here in this way, that can i got it....

app.menus.item("$ID/Main").submenus.item("Scripts").remove();

Now when i adding one more submenu like this...

var myScriptMenu = app.menus.item("$ID/Main").submenus.item("Scripts").submenus.add("Sub_script");

Forum, after adding, when i try to select and run the script.... nothing found to be done.... i have saved the script here...

var myScript1 = new File(app.filePath + "~D:\Adobe\InDesign\Version 5.0\Scripts\Scripts Panel\selectImageParent.jsx");

var myEventListener1 = myScriptAction1.eventListeners.add("onInvoke", myScript1, false);

var myScriptAction1 = app.scriptMenuActions.add("selectImageParent.jsx");

Please help me to access the script through the submenus created....