8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2013 12:05 PM by A.T. Romano

Error code 2131042562 while burning a disk

Tienuur

After having burned a dozen disks (Verbatim) in different projects, I got error code 2131042562 at my last project. There are a number of discussions on this forum referring to this error code and it seems there is no proper answer to why this error code arises. So I would like to give some information about  what caused this error code in my case. As all of my previous projects could be burned without problems, the only thing different in my last project was adding pictures (stills) in the disk menus. After removing these pictures (exported frameshots from within the project) the burning did not cause any problems any more.

So is was not due to the brand of the disks and I did not have to use other burning-software. I do not know why these pictures caused the problem and I find it very akward and annoying that there is no possibility in Premiere to scan the project for errors previous to burning, it would save me a lot of time and useless disks.

• 1. Re: Error code 2131042562 while burning a disk
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

What are the settings of your Project, i.e. NTSC DV Widescreen 16:9?

What is the pixel x pixel size of the Image that you are using as your Menu background?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Error code 2131042562 while burning a disk
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Tienuur

Given that you added background images to your DVD menu main and scene menu page.

The pixel dimensions are part of the equation as indicated as part of Hunt's requested information, but how many main menu pages and how many scene menu pages did you end up with and how many of them had your photo insert as background?

Details...

a. How many menu markers did you have placed on the Timeline (main menu markers, scene markers, and stop markers)? What DVD menu did you select? And, how many buttons were designed into the main menu and how many buttons were designed into the scene menu? So, when all was said and done, how many main menu pages and how many scene menu pages did you end up with and did each of these pages have the photo background insert?

Did you use motion buttons in this menu? As per the burn dialog Quality area, what was Space Required and Bitrate for this burn to disc DVD standard or widescreen?

Thanks. Looking forward to your follow up.

ATR

• 3. Re: Error code 2131042562 while burning a disk
              Tienuur Level 1

Thank you for answering, Bill and ATR. My project is not very complicated; it is a copy of a vcr-video-film that I copied to my pc wth an ION video 2 pc adapter as an AVI-file. This Avi-file could not be imported in Premiere Elements 9 so I had to convert it to DV and after that the footage could be imported (this procedure caused different problems in other projects such as the audio not running synchrone with the video but that can be solved easily).

In the project I put 3 scene-markers, no stopmarker because, as I read in other discussions, they could be the source of problems.

The settings of the project are PAL-Dolby DVD and the pixel size of the images is 720x576. All the images I exported have this pixelsize.

I chose the Popcorn dvd-menu and one scene-menu was enough for the 3 scenes. I did not change the main menu except for the name of the project; I also changed the name of the project in the scene-menu and I changed the description of the "Scene choice" (I hope you understand what I mean, I do not know the proper english name for this second text-window underneath the window of the projects-name). In this second window I changed the name and the font and enlarged it to Minion pro (Bold Cond), 60 pt. I also changed the color of the font. I did not use motion buttons or add any other buttons. Both menus had different photo backgrounds.

The space required on the dvd was 1,56 GB, bitrate 8.00 mbps.

Greetings.

• 4. Re: Error code 2131042562 while burning a disk
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Thank you for that information.

I also changed the name of the project in the scene-menu and I changed the description of the "Scene choice" (I hope you understand what I mean, I do not know the proper english name for this second text-window underneath the window of the projects-name). In this second window I changed the name and the font and enlarged it to Minion pro (Bold Cond), 60 pt. I also changed the color of the font. I did not use motion buttons or add any other buttons. Both menus had different photo backgrounds.

When you changed the Text in the Menus, did you increase the font size, perhaps?

Did you Move any of those Buttons around, while editing them?

The reason that I ask those questions is that no element of a Button may overlap any other Button, even by 1 pixel. The Buttons on the DVD Menu Set Templates are designed so that there is not any overlap, but if one changes any aspect of that/those Button(s), so that there IS an overlap, then the creation of a DVD will fail. The area of a Button is defined as a rectangle that includes ALL elements in that Button's Layer Set, so ALL elements that make it a Button.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Error code 2131042562 while burning a disk
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Tienuur

I do not remember seeing what version of Premiere Elements you are using and on what operating system it is running.

For now I am going to assume Premiere Elements 11 Windows 7 64 bit.

I have some things that I want to check out first hand and will return to your thread shortly.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: Error code 2131042562 while burning a disk
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Tienuur

I tried to create a DVD-VIDEO similar to yours. Unfortunately all burned to disc without problems.

If you have overlapping objects on the menu, you should have noticed the objects as red lined when you were working in the menu. But even if you ignored the red lined objects at that phase of the project.....

If you preview your menu before moving on to burn to disc DVD and have overlapping objects in the menu, you will get a pop up telling you such. Since you have not mentioned that, I am assuming you do not have overlapping objects in the menu, and we can rule that out for now.

The bmp image format insertion did not seem to create a problem for me.

As part of the troubleshooting system, have you:

a. tried a different menu?

b. have you gone over computer/Premiere Elements maintenance and have you have already gone through the typical drill of replace brand/type DVD disc, update burner firmware, and the like....in terms of computer maintenance, I am thinking of defragmentation, clearing out Premiere Elements preview files, conformed audio files, and conformed video files.

c. That 2131042562 error seems to be a generalized one.

We will keep thinking about this as we await further developments from you regarding your project troubleshooting.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: Error code 2131042562 while burning a disk
                      Tienuur Level 1

Bill and ATR.

I had a lot of experience in my former version of Premiere Elements (version 2) with overlapping objects in the menu, so that has my special attention when I start to burn a disk in my present version of Premiere Elements, which is version 9. There are no overlaps in the menu to my knowledge, as I mentioned, I did increase the font size in the scene-menu so that it now overlaps the window (not the caracters) above it (the window for the name of the project/movie) for a small part. But there were no red lines to warn me that this would cause a failure or pop-ups; and I checked, it is the same overlap as in the original popcorn-menu.

Hmm, why, I wonder was the problem solved when I removed the images out of the menu and did not change anything else, there must be a connection with the pictures.

I did not use an different menu, I tried  a different brand of disk (Imation) instead of Verbatim, but that did not solve the problem.

I bought my computer (a Dell Inspiron 2330 with an I7 processor and Windows 8) a couple af months ago and updated the drivers etc.

I am sorry to hear that the error code is a general code with no directions for a solution what makes it a question of trial and error, use of brains, intuition, experience and the discussions on this and other forums to solve the problem and working around the standard procedures. I had hoped this would have been improved since version 2.

Last remark: I mentioned in my second post that the avi file could not be imported in Premiere Elements, that was wrong, the footage can be registered/recorded/imported but it cannot be edited (but for the first half a minute or so).

Thanks for helping.

• 8. Re: Error code 2131042562 while burning a disk
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Tienuur

Your mention of your freeze frame exclusion or inclusion from the menus related to success or failure in the burn to did catch my immediate attention. This why I included .bmp freeze frames from the video track content as part of the Timeline burned to DVD-VIDEO Standard on DVD disc. In my computer environment and Premiere Elements, all the burn to were successful. So, a puzzlement still for me at this time.

Just to get the matter ruled out, please give another menu a try (one that would include those freeze frames as background) and see if that makes a difference.

Another just in case idea, if the change in menu idea goes nowhere, try leaving everything as before (including the .bmp images) except do nothing with the text or moving object around in either main or scene menus.

Do not overlook computer maintenance though it may seem unrelated at this time.

Thanks for reviewing the thoughts.

ATR