3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 16, 2013 7:02 AM by Mylenium RSS

Animated GIF export issue

Zjuka Community Member

Odd new issue surfaced today - frame animation plays fine when played from timeline but all layers are exported stacked on top of each other for the duration of the whole animation.

I'm able to see that because the layers have transparency.

About animation - 8 frames with in endless loop, imported into a timeline via 'Make Frames from Layers' command in a fly-out menu in the Timeliine window.

Tweens for animation are off, 01.sec delay for all frames

I was able to export animated GIF before, wondering if this issue is tied to the latest update.

Anyone else is experiencing this weird issue?

-thank you

Photoshop CS6 Extended

Windows 7x64 SP1

• 1. Re: Animated GIF export issue
          Mylenium MVP

Care to provide screenshots? How do you check the GIFs?

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Animated GIF export issue
            Zjuka Community Member

Thank you for your reply!

I check exported GIFs in various browsers and XnView viewer.

It's definitely not a preview  issue - i have 32Gb of RAM and Nvidia Quadro 4000 GPU on my system.

I believe the issue is with transparency, because i'm able to export GIFs with solid background just fine

GIF export dialogue window has 'Transparency' checkbox, so it looks like it should be possible to export an animated GIF with transparent background, but for some reason i'm getting all frames at the same time

gif.PNG

gif2.PNG

thank you

• 3. Re: Animated GIF export issue
              Mylenium MVP

Well, you have disabled transparency dithering, have you not? GIF can only have one level of transparency. Everything else must be faked using colors or dithering.

Mylenium