1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 15, 2013 2:27 PM by Peter Spier

Indesign crashing on 1 document only

lulu7175

I have  been working on a document for the past few days and suddenly today it crashed. Now everytime I try to reopen I get to the point where it asks if I want to postpone recovery yes/no/cancel. No matter what I do after that it crashes. I can create and other documents without issue and all other Adobe applications are working. I am working off of CS5 7.5.3 and Mac OS X 10.7.5. I've also loaded the crash report below.

Crash Report - http://pastebin.com/Cjk7wJ5K

Any help would be much appreciated!

• 1. Re: Indesign crashing on 1 document only
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

The crash is text related, but that doesn't tell us much, particularly since it's crashing during an attempted recovery, which means there's a pretty good chance the recovery data is bad.

Locate the InDesign Recovery folder in your user library (see Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 Lion) and empty it so ID no longer tries to recovery anything on startup. By default the Recovery folder will be in Hard Drive/Users/<USER>/Library/Caches/Adobe InDesign/<Version #>/<Language>/, but you might have chosen to move it in your prefs.

Then use the File menu to open the last saved version of the file from its folder location. If you are lucky, the file as saved is undamaged and will open, if not, post back