9 Replies Latest reply: Jun 18, 2013 8:25 AM by the_wine_snob RSS

Encore CS5

Shutterbug Community Member

Authoring templates do not include play movie or scene selection?

• 1. Re: Encore CS5
          Stan Jones MVP

They include buttons for this, and regular (for play movie) and submenu (for scene selection). But you must link  your movie timelines to the buttons.

• 2. Re: Encore CS5

Thank you Stan. In past projects the templates from the library have always included the play movie and scene selection in the first template.As of now In the sub-templates the toggles to main menu and back and forward are there.

• 3. Re: Encore CS5
              Stan Jones MVP

Are you saying something is not as it should be? And if so, which template? I'll take a look.

• 4. Re: Encore CS5

I just looked at other templates in the library and the toggles are there. It is only in the one I am using that they are missing. It is in the travel file and the template is the beach wide and the beach wide BG.

• 5. Re: Encore CS5

I have a second question. Do you know if additional templates are available for downloading from Adobe?

• 6. Re: Encore CS5

I just looked at a previous project using the same template and I see where I had to create the play movie and scene selection withing the beach wide template using the windows within the template. I can take it from here. Thanks again.

• 7. Re: Encore CS5
                      Stan Jones MVP

Interesting. The Beach templates are different from most others: the "main" Beach menu does not have a button to link to the submenu. It is almost like this one a 3 vacation submenu, and the submenu, the same, with thumbnails.

In any event, it is the odd one out.

The Beach BG is a background image only, not a template.

• 8. Re: Encore CS5
                        Stan Jones MVP

I do not think there are any more. If you have the backgrounds, you probably have what used to be the "Resource Central," and that is all the Encore content.

• 9. Re: Encore CS5
                          the_wine_snob Community Member

There are, or at least WERE additional Menu PSD's available, though not from Adobe. There was a UK company, that had a rather large portfolio of Menu PSD's for purchase, though, IIRC, most were of a wedding theme.

Also, Jon Geddes' PreComposed has many active AE Menus for purchase, as well.

Many users just sort through the Library Menus (and Buttons), to find a structure, that works in their Project, and then use Photoshop (though Encore can modify Menus too) to customize that structure, to suit their needs. Over the years, I have customized many of the Library Templates, and Saved many, for later use in similar Projects. If one understands the building blocks of the Menu PSD's, Photoshop makes that operation very easy.

I also find it useful to study the construction of other Library Templates, for graphic design ideas, and will often press those ideas into use, on other Library Templates, with a structure, that works for me. I also rely on several DVD Menu graphic design books, for ideas. Most do not go into great detail on the mechanics of the construction, but more on the graphic design of the Menus - still, they get me thinking. Many commercial DVD's are great resources for ideas of what you think works well, both graphically and mechanically.

Good luck,

Hunt