1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 16, 2007 1:09 PM by BrianGlodde

PLEASE HELP: SO FRUSTRATED

shawnyale Level 1
      Im using Flex 2.0.1 with all the extras (component kit for CS3, pathces, etc).

ok here's the problem and Im need some help. I created an FLVPlayback component in Flash CS3 for use in Flex. I have all the component kits and patches installed in Flex. I read a blog here

http://www.flashcomguru.com/index.cfm/2007/7/18/flvplayback-in-flex

that detailed the process of creating and using the player in Flex. I followed the instructions explicitly.

However, there is a import fl.video.*; in the mxml for this project and when I put that into Flex, it throws an error saying Definition fl.video.* not found. Im at the end of my rope. I have tested the FLVPlayback component in Flash and I know its working. I have the .swc added to my library path.

I published the .swc and .swf into my Flex project root directory and the Flex intellisense seems to see it but then when I instantiate the component, it says 1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: FLVpb.

There is an .as file that came with this project but I thought you didnt have to copy the .as into the Flex project because it got compiled into the .swc. Im utterly confused and dont know what could be wrong. When I copy the .as into my project I get new errors that definition fl.video.FLVPlayback not found even after I add the FLVPlaybackas3.swc to the library path.

Someone please help?????