0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2013 9:03 AM by oramr

Premiere Pro running slow with Quadro 4000 on Mac-Pro

oramr

Hi Forum, I could really use some help.

I recently upgraded to CS6 abnd have been having major speed issues in Premiere Pro ever since. At the time I was running with an ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB and using CS5.5 with no issues.

After installing CS6 my Premiere Pro projects just slowed to a crawl. After doing some hasty research online i "upgraded" to the Quadro 4000 for Mac. It made the applications usable but still frustratingly slow. Exporting projects either directly from Premiere Pro or through Media Encoder is 2-3 times slower than before. I'm ready to ditch CS6 and go back to CS5.5 if necessary as it is serioulsy impacting my productivity.

Any advice on fixing this issue would be greaty appreciated. Hardware, work-flow, software recommendations? I'll take it all!

I also use two Mac monitors (only one of which is hooked up as I am awaiting the arrival of a converter to hook the second to the DVI-I) and would like to use 3 but I cannot run the ATI card at the same time as the Quado as there are only two power supply sources in the mac-pro housing.

My projects typically look like this:

Project Settings:

Quicktime DV NTSC

Codec: DV25 NTSC

720x480

Raw sequence:

4 video tracks where I'll align my different camera angles to their correct time markers.

MTS Format 1080p

Multi-cam Equence:

Camera edits from the raw sequence:

Effects Sequence:

Layers for on screen graphis, music etc.

1 Voice track

2-3 music tracks (mp3)

1-2 photoshop layers

effects track (black video fade in and out perhaps, sometimes I'll have a timer sequence dropped in here for on screen countdown).

System Specs

Processor  3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Memory  16 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC

Graphics  NVIDIA Quadro 4000 2048 MB

Software  Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)