6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2013 10:29 AM by Kevin-Monahan

Delhi IE Adobe chat support:

abekutter

useless

useless

useless

• 1. Re: Delhi IE Adobe chat support:
          Jim_Simon Level 8

It is unfortunate that Adobe outsources their support to people who barely speak the language and don't actually use the programs.

• 2. Re: Delhi IE Adobe chat support:
            Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Hi abekutter,

Sorry about your negative experience. Is there anything I can help you with?

Thanks,
            Kevin

• 3. Re: Delhi IE Adobe chat support:
              abekutter Level 1

Mr Monahan:

Thank you for taking an interest. I really look forward to hearing from you, and ask your tolerance of my intensely frustrated ramblings. I am weeks behind because of all this.

First, I praise Adobe for the accessibility to assitance, for the fact that nobody is in a hurry to get rid of you, Mostly, if they say they'll get back to you, they get back to you.

That's fantastic. But getting them to understand what's wrong and help you fix it?! Very difficult. I only turn to them from desperation, first going to forums, Adobe and extermal.

If you can, I encourage you to look at the notes on the account. I expected a fresh install of CS5 from disk to a brand new Imac to be clean and simple, and it has turned into a weeks-long nightmare.

Nothing has been straightforward, as it should be, and worse, my core application failed to perform its core function. As in Premiere won't perform edits.

As to Delhi, it seems to me there are a number of serious issues:

Knowledge of the applications.

Culture, whether local, Adobe, call center operator, that slows their understanding of what is being asked of them, and keeps them from giving straight answers to simple questions.

I'm not convinced it's a language issue.

Bottom line is I have been fixing the issues one by one, but it's been me that figured something out every time, not Delhi. Hell I've sat here and watched them struggle with some of the same stupid stuff I've struggled with. What, it's acceptable that CS applications fail to install and the fix is to install a trial version?! Whaat?! And this happens repeatedly? Whaat!?

Or wait, first you have to install a trial of a specific application, prior to installing CS, in order to have a better chance of a successful install? How is this acceptable?

I started my contact with Delhi yesterday asking them to please look at the notes on my account and tell me if there were any issues with doing a full uninstall and reinstall.

They farted around for a while, couldn't, wouldn't answer, so I clicked off.

I ran uninstall.

I ran Cleaner. Cleaner, doesn't clean very thouroughly. If it was a maid, I'd look for another one.

I went to reinstall. CS wouldnt let me as it recognized I'd already done a download. That got me back with Delhi, and that they helped me with, but it was like pulling teeth!

Delhi had my screen, and had a ton of trouble with the install, cleaning up after Cleaner, installing trials, yada.

Everything -should- have installed by now. Unless I need a trial version!

So today I will try and perform a simple edit on PP, and hope it works.

• 4. Re: Delhi IE Adobe chat support:
                abekutter Level 1

Mr. Monahan...you seemed to be paying attention, but then you didn't. It would be nice to close the loop on this.

• 5. Re: Delhi IE Adobe chat support:
                  abekutter Level 1

Hmm. Maybe "Mr. Monahan" is one of the Delhi guys. Either way, not good. Dumb even. Don't start a conversation with an offer of assistance you are unable or uniterested in giving.

Where's that Avid tutorial?!

• 6. Re: Delhi IE Adobe chat support:
                    Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Hi abekutter,

Sorry I was not able to respond right away. It's been a busy week as we just launched new applications for Creative Cloud.

As to your problems with our support agents, I'm really sorry about that. Is Premiere Pro now operating as expected?

I can look at the chat logs and provide feedback to the agents, just PM me your adobe ID.

Thanks,

Kevin