4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2013 1:25 PM by A.T. Romano

In Premiere Elements 10, my main menu will not stay anchored when burning to DVD.

gk_ferrell

Im using it on a Mac, and using template "Movie Reel".  All looks fine until after you burn the dvd, and then the main menu has moved throwing off "play movie, scene", or other markers.  I've wasted three DVDs trying to resolve this, but each time it moves.  I've tried different photos, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.  Any fixes for this problem? I read somewhere it was a problem in Elements 9, but would think it would have been corrrected in 10?

• 1. Re: In Premiere Elements 10, my main menu will not stay anchored when burning to DVD.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

gk_ferrell

Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 was notorious due to many of its menu not retaining the background replacements in the finished DVD-VIDEO disc playback. The fix that we found was to add audio muted or non muted to the menu in the Disk Menus section of the program. It appears that these problems were gone in Premiere Elements 10, and I did report that at the time. From time to time, you find a menu whose buttons do not respond to the TV remote. But other than that, not much going on that is not typically explained away by overlapping objects, text maneuvers, spacing of menu markers, and related matters.

Since the project preset direct the program as to what set of the menu .psd set (s, w, or hd) will be available to you in Disc Menus, let us start with:

a. What are you setting as your Premiere Elements 10 Mac project preset? What is the size of this project as reflected in the burn to Quality Area for Space Required and Bitrate?

b. In the upper right corner of the Movie Reel menu choice is there a "HD" label or none?

c. Are you replacing background in both main and scene menus? How many scene markers, how many main menu markers, and how many stop markers and how placed?

d. When you preview the menu, are you getting any messages about object overlapping?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

• 2. Re: In Premiere Elements 10, my main menu will not stay anchored when burning to DVD.
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

While ATR works with you on the Menu, you might want to pick up a 5-pack of DVD-RW discs, to allow you to test your Projects, without burning "coasters." I do not recommend delivering on a DVD-RW, but they are great for testing, and for all major Projects, I will always use one, to verify that all is working fine. All of my computer multi-drives, and all of my test DVD/BD players can handle DVD-RW.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: In Premiere Elements 10, my main menu will not stay anchored when burning to DVD.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

gk_ferrell

Quick question. Did you mean to say that you were using the disc menu theme News Reel rather than Movie Reel?

ATR

• 4. Re: In Premiere Elements 10, my main menu will not stay anchored when burning to DVD.
                A.T. Romano Level 7

gk_ferrell

I have one of those try this, although I believe in systematic troubleshooting.

I went to take a first hand look at News Reel disc menu in Premiere Elements 10. I set for NTSC DV Standard since I did not know the project preset you are using for your project to which you want to apply this menu.

As it turned out, I could apply any of the menus in that group, except News Real. What worked for me to be able to use this theme was to delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file. Then it looked great in Disc Menus section of the program as well as at play back time of the DVD-VIDEO standard on DVD which used it as a menu. Although it is not a fit for your issue, maybe give it a try.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 10.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete.

Make sure that your are working with Folder Options Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives On.

ATR