7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2013 9:28 PM by Carl Sun

Extension manager CS6 not working

ehp10029

I am unable to add any DW CS6 extensions. Keep getting error messages saying I don't have a valid DW version, but I am using DW CS6 and etension manager CS6. Have tried reinstalling extension manager. nothing. I am not a coder. Please help.

• 1. Re: Extension manager CS6 not working
          Carl Sun Level 4

Is DW CS6 shown in Left panel of Extension Manager?

You should have Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit CS6 installed in your machine. You can launch Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit CS6, input "BridgeTalk.__diagnostics__;" (exclude double-quotes), then click "Debug->Run", you will get diagnostics information in Javascript Console window at the top right corner.

Please check whether DW CS6 has been listed under "Targets" section, and it has correct path and exename. You can paste these output information here. Extension Manager retrieves information of supported apps through BridgeTalk.

• 2. Re: Extension manager CS6 not working
            ehp10029 Level 1

Thanks for getting back to me. This is the report. Not sure what to do. It

seems to be listing files from an external backup drive? Please advise.

Result: BridgeTalk Diagnostics

• 3. Re: Extension manager CS6 not working
              Carl Sun Level 4

You didn't paste the report. If the report said the DW CS6 was installed in an external drive but this is not the case, then this is the root cause. Reinstalling Extension Manager doesn't help. You have to reinstall DW.

• 4. Re: Extension manager CS6 not working
                ehp10029 Level 1

I don't understand. I am re-pasting the report below. Please advise if I

still need to reinstall DW.

• 5. Re: Extension manager CS6 not working
                  Carl Sun Level 4

Could you see the concrete diagnostics output in this page? I can only see three words: "Result: BridgeTalk Diagnostics". You should paste whatever in the Javascript Console window here, or you can send the content to exman.beijing@gmail.com. Also please tell me the actual instllation folder of DW in your machine.

• 6. Re: Extension manager CS6 not working
                    ehp10029 Level 1

??? Here it is again below (and attached as a text file). Am cc'ing

exman.beijing@gmail.com. DW is located at: Applications/Adobe Dreamweaver

CS6. Thanks!

• 7. Re: Extension manager CS6 not working
                      Carl Sun Level 4

It seems the forum can only attach image files. You can't attach text file. Instead, you have to paste the content of the text file directly. Anyway, I got it in the mailbox. The output shows that Dreamweaver, Illustrator and Photoshop are all isntalled in "/Volumes/Seagate Backup Plus Drive/iMac EHPMJO Backup Files/Users/EHPMJO/Applications/". But you said the DW installed at "/Applications/Adobe Dreamweaver CS6".  As I said earlier, Extension Manager retrieves information of supported apps through BridgeTalk. So Extension Manager will search DW in "/Volumes/Seagate Backup Plus Drive/iMac EHPMJO Backup Files/Users/EHPMJO/Applications/" but it can't find DW there. As a result, Extension Manager will not show DW and you can't install extensions for DW. It should be the same for Illustrator and Photoshop.

BridgeTalk saves this information in a database file and the information is not correct. A coder can modify the database file directly to make it consistent with actual location but you are not coder. So you have to reinstall DW.