5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2013 9:53 AM by CapitalFF

AE CS6 won't render out my last few clips, error code 1610153464

CapitalFF

Hello,

My VFX person finished doing some effects at my house recently and was doing the effects in Adobe After Effects, not through the Dynamic Link. It's about 20 different clips and I rendered out the first 16 one by one with no issues until I came up to #17 on. None of the effects are rendering out now and when I googled for solutions, I couldn't get a clear consensus on what to do. I've been getting 2 different error messages:

1)The 1610153464 error, saying a file may be corrupted when it shouldn't because I used the same clip in previous effects and things were fine.

2) Once I click out of that box, another comes up saying "Error (4) reading frame from file "directory of file here" (86 :: 2).

I've tried doing all the other tricks like clearing my memory cache and deleting space on my hard drive but nothing has been working. I'm working on a mac and can give you whatever technical specs you need.

• 1. Re: AE CS6 won't render out my last few clips, error code 1610153464
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

1)The 1610153464 error, saying a file may be corrupted when it shouldn't because I used the same clip in previous effects and things were fine.

Nothing to do with that. That's a write error.

I'm working on a mac and can give you whatever technical specs you need.

Please do - system info, comp settings, exact render settings, storage locations, source footage formats etc.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: AE CS6 won't render out my last few clips, error code 1610153464
            CapitalFF Level 1

Okay, here goes. Let me know if there's any other main info needed:

Mac OS X

Version 10.7.5

Processor: 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Adobe CS6

Source material: The footage is about 90% Red Epic R3D files and about 10% Canon Mark 3 footage. In the effects, an image is being composited on a TV and it gets shot out from a gun. An Action Essentials 2 Video Copilot item is used.

Render settings attempted:

Dim: 5120 x 2560 (even attempted a lower rez 1080p version but that didn't work either)

Quicktime, Best Quality

Codec: Animation I believe (whatever the default one is)

Footage was stored and have been editing on a WD My Passport external hard drive

• 3. Re: AE CS6 won't render out my last few clips, error code 1610153464
              Dave LaRonde Level 6

Here are five possibles:

• Make sure CS6 is fully updated.  The updates fix a lot of problems.
              • Turn of multiprocessing if you're using it.  8 gigs may sound like a lot of memory, but for AE?  Not really, and an occasional purge of RAM might help... which is done in AE preferences.
              • Sure, you can use QT's Animation codec, but there may be more more efficient codecs with greater color bit depth available to you, like ProRes.  QT's PNG is good, too.  And while we're on the topic of QT, make sure you use QT7 and not QTX, which is a real dog.
              • Certain Video Copilot plugins give AE fits... but it sounds like you're just using footage.
              • Check that external drive!  If it's 80% full, it's full.  Don't try shoving more files onto it.  And how is this drive connected?  It could be slowing you down.
              • 4. Re: AE CS6 won't render out my last few clips, error code 1610153464
                CapitalFF Level 1

-I'm updating CS6 currently so I"ll see if that helps. The updates page doesn't list when the newest update went live but I got the suite in September 2012 and haven't updated so hopefully that fixes.

-Out of curiousity, what does multiprocessing do again? I'm not a software expert and its function when reading didn't make a lot of sense to me.

-There's a ProRes and ProRes HQ, so should I stick with HQ?

-How do I make it so it's using QT7? When it says "Quicktime" it doesn't give me the option of which to use and I wouldn't wanna uninstall it just for this sequence.

-The VC plugins we used was Twitch though I've used it on other projects before with no real issues. I saw "Reflect" from optical flares on other forums as being a big culprit but I don't have that.

-The drive is connected via USB. I know it's not the best but it was only recently I had a computer that could go higher than that as the others didn't have the right connections.

• 5. Re: AE CS6 won't render out my last few clips, error code 1610153464
                  CapitalFF Level 1

Fixed it! Unlike many who've posted about this issue in the past, mine came down to a solution that doesn't sound as cool and smart but was very basic: I hadn't updated my CS6 in a very long time and once I did, everything went fine. Thanks Dave!