• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Launch time for Creative Cloud will be TODAY at 8:00 PM PDT

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The statement above... has been provided via an on-line response to an Adobe representative.

Hopefully, the servers will stand strong for the influx in upgrading to all CC members! Fingers crossed!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 137 Replies 137
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd timing, for us in the UK that's 4am the next day....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's sensible for Adobe to release this late in the day for US and early in the day for UK as it will be optimal timing for downloading of updates. (e.g. less demand on data centre traffic).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK Sirius, you make a valid point. I'll go and put the kettle on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4pm (16:00) in the UK today.

http://www.timebie.com/std/pdt.php?q=8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry @pixelfinity   The launch is 8:00 PM (20:00) PDT not 8:00 AM (08:00) PDT...

http://www.timebie.com/std/pdt.php?q=20

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, my mistake (that will teach me to assume!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's 4AM (not PM) GMT if the launch time is 8PM PDT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Emil Allard wrote:

Odd timing, for us in the UK that's 4am the next day....

Blimey, it's 3:00pm on Tuesday 18th for me.  What a strange time.  Well at least I don't have to sit here hitting the refresh key for the next 15 and 3/4 hours. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was so looking forward to getting it when i got up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. Weird why they wouldn't release it sooner so everyone can enjoy it today...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It means that Adobe have lied, the release date for the UK is the 18th and not the 17th as it says on their UK website

You Adobe marketing guys really should pay Adobe for letting you work for them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drat, I already uninstalled the pre-release version.  So I'll have to go a day without Photoshop CC.  Ah well, I have testing work to do to ensure my plug-ins are compatible with other products.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here Noel. I uninstalled my pre-release versions over the weekend, expecting to download the final version this morning. Guess I'll have to spend today with CS6 only and worry about more CC testing tomorrow. The good news (for me at least) is that my extensions seem to be working fine on both CC & CS6 when I go through the Exchange panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8:00PM sounds like a very strange time to release new software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.

I can see Midnight local time, or 8AM at the start of the day, or even after the stock market closes (like financial announcements).

But an 8PM local time release means that the release is not on the 17th for the majority of the world and a huge percentage of the current users and potential upgraders.

Very odd.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will be 8:30 AM in Noida, India. Perfect time for Adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

charles badland wrote:

It will be 8:30 AM in Noida, India. Perfect time for Adobe support.

Now, that is an answer that makes perfect sense. I would still like to hear an official announcement, but as long as we are guessing, I like this answer the best.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would mean 06:00 hrs according to AST (Arabian Standard Time) on Tuesday the 18th; and 04:00 hrs BST British Summer Time, and those as far away as New Zealand wouldnt get it until 3pm on Tuesday 18th June. So why couldn't Adobe launch it at 00:00 on Monday 17th that way everybody around the World could in fact download it on the 17th. I know it's only small thing but some of us have been anxiously waiting like a kid waits for Christmas! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, i call BS with no linked source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fair enough. I call BS for having to rely on rumors. What the heck is Adobe thinking???

I get that they planned the subscription model. But they should have had the common decency to announce a time for the release. Plan that why don't they.

If they are trying to sneak it in by areas of the world, I can see that, just to relieve pressure on the servers, but making us wait for word on what is happening is just bad PR over and above their usual poor communications.

Personally, I would have released it to current customers a day ahead of releasing it to new customers, but apparently Adobe is overly concerned about new customers. Not smart.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has never officially promised release dates or times in advance, and some of the comments on this thread demonstrate why...

Software development doesn't always work on exact time schedules - things take longer than expected, problems crop up, etc.  But people get upset if it doesn't come exactly the date and time they expect.

June 17th was always an anticipated target date for availability, but no ironclad guarantees from the company.  In any event, plus or minus a few hours will make little difference in the long run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ProDesignTools wrote:

June 17th was always an anticipated target date for availability, but no ironclad guarantees from the company.  In any event, plus or minus a few hours will make little difference in the long run.

Does that same line of thought apply to customer's subscription payments? ... Are the CC due dates anticipated times for payments? ... or will Adobe flip the switch to the off position at a very specified point in time and not tolerate deviation from that specific point in time when a payment is due?

Just curious if this application of understanding and forgiveness is a two-way street line of thought ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MY SOURCE!

Your Adobe ID:INFO@SIRIUS-CREATION.COM

Your Case Number:0184406648

Case Description:Chat:release info (CH79977930)

The new version of of creative cloud is not yet released yet. The launch time for Creative Cloud will be on Monday 6/17 8:00 PM PD T. Please wait till that time and then you are able to download the software through the Creative Cloud webpage.

If you have any issues with Adobe software, please do contact us back.

We are available Monday to Friday 1am PST to 8 pm PST for Live chat

Screen Shot 2013-06-17 at 15.18.04.png

------

I'd like to clarify, I am no way connected to Adobe in an official capacity, I am a user of the Creative Cloud services and am awaiting with just as much anticipation as you all. I simply contacted support this morning (UK) and recieved the responce above via an on-line chat with an Adobe representative. Adobe then sent the confirmation of the communication to my email inbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sirius, Thanks for that but I took it on face value as reliable. Over here in Kuwait I was hoping it would have been released at midnight at the start of 17th June, would have been nice since I would have just sat down for my morning coffee at work. As it stands It will be released at 06:00 my time, I'm at work at 07:00. A day later :). The bottom line is, i wonder what implications there are for releasing a public statement via their news desk in order to quash the inevitable rumors....  A company of this magnitude should have more than enough servers for the millions that will be downloading from Creative Cloud since they have retired the CS lineage for an all out 'Cloud' experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines