10 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2013 11:00 AM by A.T. Romano

Display Treiber ?

Rai800

I use for 2 Years AdobePremiere Elements 9 ...now it chrashed down because of this: Ein nicht kompatibler Display-Treiber wurde erkannt. Aktualisieren Sie den Display-Treiber, um eine bessere und schnellere Wiedergabeleistung zu erzielen.   Display-Treiberdetails: ATI Technologies Inc. –ATI Radeon HD 2400 2.1.7412 Release...can anyone help me???

• 1. Re: Display Treiber ?
          JMJarrige Level 2

You could try the baddrivers.txt delete method first.

There are several messages on 'incompatibility driver issue' in this forum.

Find the file Baddrivers.txt in C\ProgramData\Adobe\Premiere Elements\11.0 (or yout release number),

then delete it and restart Premiere Elements.

You need to have access to hidden files to see this directory or files.

Bonne chance

JM

• 2. Re: Display Treiber ?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Rai800 wrote in English, then German

I use for 2 Years AdobePremiere Elements 9 ...now it chrashed down because of this:

An incompatible display driver has been detected. Update the display driver to achieve better and faster playback performance. Display Driver Details: ATI Technologies Inc. ATI Radeon HD 2400 Release 2.1.7412 ... can anyone help me?

My reply

First, go to the ADM web site and make sure that you have the latest version of the ATI Radeon HD 2400 card driver installed.

If you have, then delete the BadDrivers.txt file. If you have Windows 7 or 8 64 bit, then the path to the file is:

Local C Disk

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 9.0 Folder is the BadDrivers.txt file that you delete.

It is important that you have Folder Options Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives On in order to see that path.

If you have other than Windows 7 or 8 64 bit, let us know and we will give you the correct path to the BadDrivers.txt file in the edition of Windows that you are using.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Display Treiber ?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

JM

Sorry, did not see your post until after I had posted mine.

ATR

• 4. Re: Display Treiber ?
                Rai800 Level 1

sorry i use windows vista...and i cannot find the baddriver text file...could you give me the right path?

• 5. Re: Display Treiber ?
                  Rai800 Level 1

i found a Data cald : DisplayDrivers.dll....should i delete this one? it changed at the Date when i first had the discribed problem.

• 6. Re: Display Treiber ?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Rai800

Do you have Windows Vista 32 or 64 bit? I have never had Vista, but I am assuming its paths are similar to Windows 7.

Let us see if either of the following helps to find the BadDrivers.txt file in your computer

a. This is a Windows XP 32 bit way

Local Disk C

Documents and Settings

All Users

Application Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in that particular 9.0 Folder is the BadDrivers.txt file that you delete.

IMPORTANT: You should have "Show hidden files and folders" selected in the Folder Options. To get to Folder Options, go to My Computer, Tools Menu, Folder Options, View Tab, and dot the Show hidden files and folders option.

b. The Windows 7 64 bit way is as I have posted previously

Local C Disk

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 9.0 Folder is the BadDrivers.txt file that you delete.

It is important that you have Folder Options Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives On in order to see that path.

So, I would ask in this case "Are you sure that you are working with Folder Options Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives Selected in Folder Options?

Please review and let us know the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: Display Treiber ?
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Rai800

No. You do not want to delete "DisplayDrivers.dll". The name of the file for deletion has to be exactly "BadDrivers.txt" file.

That Folder Options Show hidden files and folder is critical to viewing the path.

I think that our posts have gotten out of sync. So please check my immediate previous post regarding possible paths to the file.

We will watch for the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: Display Treiber ?
                        Rai800 Level 1

jippiii :-) i found the data in my vista 32 bit on your advised way, path:

Local Disk C

Documents and Settings

All Users

Application Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and it is cald BadDrivers...i delete it and now my Premiere Elements works again...i did not found a new update for my graphic card driver on AMD...but my my system manager told me after the automaticly search for the newest driver for my graphic card , that it is up to date. I think everything is ok again. thank you very much for your help...i am very happy again :-)))))

• 9. Re: Display Treiber ?
                          Rai800 Level 1

a ok ...not totally right...this is the right path ...the secon one you advised to me:

Local C Disk

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

here i found it.

• 10. Re: Display Treiber ?
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Rai800

Great news. Good job.

Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 major issue was that display card one that you just had. It was discussed for a long time before and after the 9.0.1 Update was released.

For me, updating the display card driver was not the answer since I definitely had the latest driver version. Daksha123 came to the rescue those many years ago with the BadDrivers.txt file deletion which worked for me and so many others.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3177024

Continued success.

ATR