3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2007 5:26 PM by abeall

hide buttons when movie loads and then show

iamalex
      I have a movie that loads another video. When it goes to video by hitting button
      I can hide buttons underneath.
      When I unload the movie, I need the buttons to show up again and clickable.

I added the onEnterFrame, but makes no difference.

Can someone help as to how I can bring the buttons back when movie that was loaded is unloaded?

Thank you in advance.
        • 1. Re: hide buttons when movie loads and then show
          abeall Level 3
          > onEnterFrame(_root.VideoBtn.enabled._visible = true);
          Where did you find that syntax? It's incorrect, check the docs..

However, I don't why you would do that, all that will do is make sure it's never invisible.

To make the visible again, you do the same thing you did to make them invisible -- you set the _visible property to true, wherever you are unloading the movie.
          • 2. Re: hide buttons when movie loads and then show
            iamalex Level 1
            got it from a search on web at another site, so thought I'd try it.

The problem is, originally, when I pull the swf movie in, I set the buttons to _visible = false.

When I unload the movie, I set it to _visible = true, BUT the buttons do not show up. This is on the main timeline in the middle, not on frame one.

Any suggestions?
            • 3. Re: hide buttons when movie loads and then show
              abeall Level 3
              If setting _visible = true does not work, I would only be guessing to tell you what's wrong. Perhaps your scope (reference path) from the unload script is not correct, or the buttons don't exist at all on the timeline. You can verify both using a simple trace command: trace(VideoBtn) -- if it returns undefined, you have something wrong.