• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate and Saba cmi.core.exit = suspend

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have developed a course (I'm just using 2 slides to test) where I have Captivate reporting using Scorm 1.2...I use Slide Views and have slide views as 1 slide in order to complete.  The system works just fine and reports complete to the Saba LMS but, it shows the cmi.core.exit = suspend, thus it will not move it to the completed area of Saba.  I developed a button for the last slide with javascript to try to cover everything where I give 100 points for reporting and use the following JS listed here: 

var retval = g_objAPI.LMSSetValue('cmi.core.lesson_status', 'completed');

var retval = g_objAPI.LMSSetValue('cmi.core.exit', 'logout');

var retval = g_objAPI.LMSCommit('');

var retval = g_objAPI.LMSFinish('');

The system registers the completed and logs out, but, doesn't change the cmi.core.exit to logout (keeps suspend).  I'm losing my mind trying to figure this out....HELP!

One other thing, when I finish the course in Saba, it closes the Captivate project window, but Saba still has a window open that says Please choose a navigation action......you have to press the X in the top right corner to close the window.....

Does anyone have a button that they've developed with Saba or JS I could place inside the button to get everything to work......or any ideas?

Thanks,

Jerry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2016 Sep 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem.  I have a simple "Finish" button at the end that scores 100.  I am losing my mind trying to figure this out.  This was never a problem with our LMS until we upgraded to Captivate 9.  Did this ever get an answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same issue. Has anyone solved it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue in Captivate 10.  Did anyone find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Quiz Preferences > Advanced, do you have 'Set Exit to Normal after completion' checked?

If not, try that.

Can you use SCORM 2004 instead of 1.2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We only have Set Exit to Normal when using SCORM 2004.  Captivate 8 and lower had that for SCORM 1.2, which is the bulk of what we publish for content.  I was hoping there was an alternative option for SCORM 1.2, since that setting is now gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We got this to work in SABA LMS (SEC 7.5)  using Captivate 2017 by using SCORM 2004 v3 and most important, the "Set exit to normal after completion" is only available in SCORM 2004, so this should trigger the cmi.core.exit to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources