The obvious: are they linked to something?
The more involved: are you building an index using them?
Hi again, thanks for answering!
Yes, the Previous button is labeled as a Previous and it is linked to another menu. Main is identified as a Main button and is linked to my main menu. I am not using any indexes whatsoever. (probably would not know how to do that anyway). The "act 2 finale" is linked to a chapter on the timeline just like all the other buttons which work fine.
Often, such a situation results in the disk burning correctly. So I'm inclined to say ignore, and check on build/burn. If it is wrong on burn, then start it over, or at least delete and replace that menu.
thanks again Stan,
I also had that same thought - to create a disc and see how it behaves. I will let you know. thanks again..
More debugging: here's something I've noticed. Upon normal creation of button on a menu, if you put in a Next button in the middle of a group, it throws off the behavior of the buttons following it. Encore expects all the menu buttons in order FOLLOWED by the Next , Previous and Main. when that is not true, things screw up. Example: button 1: "blah", button 2: "blah 2", button 3: "blah 3", button 4: Next, button 5: "blah 5" get it?
I also notice that arbitrarily a button can be changed from Chapter to Normal. all my buttons were chapters, and now a few are Normal.
also, when you modify or move buttons, the routing gets changed. I found many of my button routing was set to zero, not the # of the button to be routed to.
I went in and numbered my buttons starting at 1 at the top, going down. Next, Previous, and Main came at the end.
so encore is telling me it wants plain top to bottom design, and if it doesn't get it, you are in trouble. (rant).
All true (with automatic button routing especially), but none of that should result in a button not linking to the timeline/menu it is linked to. I do think that "messing" with button position/navigation/routing, is what is most likely behind bad behavior like your inactive link.
hello again, i think I know what I am doing wrong. I am surpassing the # of buttons allowed on a menu. I did some experimenting and sure enough that was the problem.. also, I found your note, stan, as the answer. My description "buttons not highlighting" probably misled us down the wrong path of logic. thinking there was something wrong with my button itself. OH WELL
Good detective work. For some reason, I had the image of your menus not having that many buttons, but I should have thought to mention it, because that is exactly what happens!