Can you access a CFM inside the directory? It might be IIS configuration issue.
Yes, I can. Also, when the SSL requirement is removed for the site it works as expected. The error suggests a specific issue with the java component and https. Unfortunately, I'm not a CF expert and the developer isn't familiar with the issue either.
I'm almost certain that the issue is related to Web server configuration with SSL installed.
Try this and see if that works. In the CF Admin, there is a way to flush out generated CFC files.
The SSL certificate is supplied by a GoDaddy and is installed correctly and the CF site is working using https. It's specific to the web service but the developer was able to get it to work by manually adding a record to Web Services using the http address. The same webservice is now working properly even when accessed using https so I'm not sure why that worked but I think we can move forward. Thank you for your time and suggestions. I do appreciate it.
1 person found this helpful
The issue is because by default Axis is set to only permit HTTP calls and not HTTPS. You have to update the ColdFusion10\cfusion\wwwroot\WEB-INF\Axis2.xml file to enable the HTTPS mode. I found Apache documentation on it here;
Using their documentation I changed it from this;
<transportReceiver name="http" class="coldfusion.xml.rpc.CFAxisServletListener"/>
<transportReceiver name="http" class="coldfusion.xml.rpc.CFAxisServletListener"> <parameter name="port">8080</parameter> </transportReceiver> <transportReceiver name="https" class="coldfusion.xml.rpc.CFAxisServletListener"> <parameter name="port">8443</parameter> </transportReceiver>
I'm still testing though to see if this works correctly
Can you please check which Axis is selected in your ColdFusion Admin. If it is Axis 2, then try to add the transport receiver for HTTPS which Leith mentioned and restart the service. Also you can try with Axis 1.
Hope this helps.
Of note I had to change the port #'s to be 80 & 443 to match those of the websites running under IIS. When the ports didn't match the calls would fail.
This fixed mine.