• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error code A12E1

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When attempting to update Adobe Application Manager, error code A12E1 pops up and stops the update which means I can't install any other apps. How do I solve this problem?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

I got privately messaged with a suggestion that worked for me.

Open Activity Manager (It's the the Utilities folder in Applications)

Look for "AAM Updates Notifier" in the list of processes (sorting by process name helps)

Highlight it and then click on "Quit Process", say yes to the warning

Quit Actiivty Manger

Retry the install

I'd tried 4 or 5 times in a row with no luck and after doing this it worked on the first try.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richard are you still facing the same difficulty?  The A12E1 error could indicate stability issues with your current Internet Connection.  Please try a wired or alternate Internet connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have just tried to install Adobe CC.Recieved the same error message after a lengthy time downloading. It appeared not long after after the admin prompt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vienna have you tried an alternate Internet connection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I have only 1 Internet connection. However, I rebooted the PC, logged on again to creative cloud and pressed the PS CC download button. This time, a different window appeared, requesting the download of Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop. This was different to the first attempt, where it just downloaded and updated Adobe Application Manager

Anyway, after the ACCD finished installing, I could again log onto Cloud. After a few minutes the Cloud Desktop Window filled with similar items as AAM and I could see the progressive bar from the PS CC download. After a few hours , the download finished and PS CC installed successfully. After trying PS for a while, wanted to open Bridge CC, but couldn't find it. So clicked on the "Browse in Bridge" from the File menu. To my surprise, Creative Cloud Desktop sprang to life and proceeded to download and install Bridge.

So, all is working, but the whole thing is very complex. I will miss the day where you could just download and install the complete program. I wonder if I have to go through the whole download again, to install it on my notebook

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seriously doubt it's an issue with my internet connection, I'm hitting the same issue on Mac OSX 10.8.4 and I can see that the updater has completed downloading and mounting a disk image, it then prompts for my password and would seem to be running an installer at that point. From everything I can see, that would indicate that the download was completed successfully but the update failed to install.

I've tried 4 times tonight with no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same error. I'm on Windows 7 on a large corporate network. I suspect it's a firewall issue, but I have no idea why this is only happening with adobe products. I can download and install other software from the internet without any hassle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holmes0678 I would recommend making your I.T. department aware of the Adobe Creative Cloud Service Access Documentation for IT section of http://www.adobe.com/devnet/creativesuite/enterprisedeployment.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gonna work with the help of this application manager??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  I am on a wired internet connection that is 100 up and 100 down, and it's running perfectly fine.  Can you please advise?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jonareitzes, Could you reboot the machine and login with the admin account and try the same and check.

Please specify the operating system you are installing it to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please turn off any security software of firewall and retry. Disable User Account Control, in case its a Win PC.

Also, make sure you are not behind any proxy network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was a fluke.  Worked on try #5 after crash #2.

Jon Reitzes

The information contained in this e-mail is for the exclusive use of the intended recipients and may be confidential.  Please consider the environment if you choose to print this message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.

MacBook Pro OSX 10.8.2

I've tried all the solutions listed in this thread to no avail, so decided to uninstall all adobe products and then use the cleaner. No dice. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it to install, but it's a major pain, and I don't know about PC.

Basically you have to reinstall your OS. Instructions for re-install without disks from Apple here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with my Mac (10.8.4): can't update AAM, error A12E1.

I tried with different Internet connections, with no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you should log-on to Adobe Creative Cloud and manually download the Creative Cloud Desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got privately messaged with a suggestion that worked for me.

Open Activity Manager (It's the the Utilities folder in Applications)

Look for "AAM Updates Notifier" in the list of processes (sorting by process name helps)

Highlight it and then click on "Quit Process", say yes to the warning

Quit Actiivty Manger

Retry the install

I'd tried 4 or 5 times in a row with no luck and after doing this it worked on the first try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quiting the "AAM Updates Notifier" in Activity Monitor worked for me.

Thanks for sharing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those running OS X I think I have a work around.  I'm running 10.7.5.  I was coming up with the same issue and it looks like it might just be a firewall setting that is blocking the install after it downloads.  Go to the apple icon upper left of screen and open System Preferences.  Then open (Security & Privacy) under (Personal) heading.  At lower left click on the lock icon to enter and make changes.  Open Firewall Options... Click on + sign to add "Creatvie Cloud.app" to this list.  Navigate to "Creative Cloud.app" in Appliacation folder and click add.  Click OK and click back on lock in lower left of screen.  Close preferences and locate "Creative Cloud.app" in Applicaton folder and run it again.  Hopefully this time it will install correctly.  It worked for me....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me:

Open Activity Manager. Quit the process named something like AdobeCrashDeamon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2013 Jul 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too - Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2013 Jul 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was getting the A12E1 error code but did not have any of the background processes running. Turning off the firewall had no effect.  I had a crash due to other problems during a previous installation attempt which left a corrupted installation of the application manager. It did not show up in add/remove programs, so couldn't get rid of it that way. Turns out this was easy to fix. The application manager goes to (in a std installation) c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp. I deleted this directory (PDApp) and the application manager installer ran fine with no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2013 Sep 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify for those using the CORRECT answer above, you should open your Activity MONITOR (not Manager) to follow adaceyphoto's recommendation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2013 Nov 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm now getting the A12E1 error when trying to install an update to Creative Cloud. This just started on 4th November. I've read the "correct" answer above, but when I looked in the Activity Monitor there is no AAM Updates Notifier in the Activity Monitor so I can't quit it?

I'm using Mac OS 10.7.5 on this mac at the moment, and have the CC photographers bundle with LR5 & PS CC installed.

Any more clues as to how to fix this error and let me install the update gratefully welcomed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines