3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2013 2:31 AM by yingzhou

How do I create a header in the response table for a column I want to use that is not on the form it

Mini Pat

Example: My form has 10 fillable questions.  The Response table uses 10 columns to show the answers to those questions.  I would like to use 3 more columns to record internal information.  How do I insert the header titles?

• 1. Re: How do I create a header in the response table for a column I want to use that is not on the form it
          yingzhou

Hi,

You can go to Responses view tab, focus on your last column header and then click menu Table->Add Column After. Or you click + button at the end of table - refer below image.

Snap1.jpg

I am not clear your question "How do I insert the header titles?" Do you mean you want to use your form title as data value in each cell in the column? If yes, you can set formula in the column following below steps.

1. Click +Add a Row button

2. Focus on the cell on column L (I assume you want to set your formular on this column).

3. Input ="your form title" into the cell

Then after you received a submission, the form title would display in the related cell in each row.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks,

Ying

• 2. Re: How do I create a header in the response table for a column I want to use that is not on the form it
            Mini Pat Level 1

Your answer was helpful but not right on point.  After you have added a column, the TITLE of that column says "Column L" or "Column S".  I wanted to change those words to other words.  That's what I meant by header titles.  Others might call them column headers.  In any case, I did eventually figure out that by simply clicking on the words that are there, it's possible to delete them and add others.  All of this is new to me and I was a little afraid to experiment.

I can't begin to express in words the magic of Forms Central.  In the past I've received registration forms sent to me in the mail.  Then I've used them as a guide to preparing a word processing spreadsheet for one purpose and updating records in a database somewhere else.  Now it comes automatically to one place and since I can add columns to the "Response" tab, I can make administrative notes on it as well.  Thank you, Forms Central!

• 3. Re: How do I create a header in the response table for a column I want to use that is not on the form it
              yingzhou Level 1

It's great that you resolved the question by yourself. Yes, you can click the column header and modify it to what you want.

I am glad to hear about FormsCentral can help your work. Thanks for your support.

If you have any question on FormsCentral, please don't hesitate to let us know. We will give you feedback as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Ying